Newbie Needs a Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi SDP
On the right hand side of your picture is the quadrant which controls the tilt mechanism. This is the casting shaped like a segment of a circle, with a worm drive rack running around its circumference. The question is, what does that quadrant pivot on?
At the base or apex of the quadrant, you can make out the exposed part of the 'arc' trunnion that your saw pivots on. Its the semi-circular groove machined into the casting that's bolted to the saw table. And on the quadrant, although its not really visible, there will be a matching circular tongue that slides in that groove.
So your saw has at least one arc trunnion, we would need to see the pivot at the other side of the saw to determine if it has two arc trunnions or one arc and one 'pin'.
Max

Scrit, thanks for that info about the Xcaliburs. Sounds like they are built to last.
Max

Hmmm, Scrit's post makes me wonder if the SIP actually had one pin and one arc, like a Startrite.......

stonebas":1b9m709x said:
spending about £600 on a saw but
Stonebas

Kity 419 without a doubt. £600 will get you extension tables and a sliding table. Accuracy will most definitely not be a problem

Voted best saw around this price by GWW magazine.

Many forum memebers have one and (as far as i know) love them

According to Tris at Woodford the current batch of new saws has just hit land and he is going to let me know when they arrive at Woodford so I can go along and see one. I have to have a look at the 806 before I make up my mind.....

Unfortunately Woodford don't attend the Harrogate show which takes place in two weeks. That's just down the road from me so I'm looking forward to see what's on offer there.

Stonebas

Back