new workshop buying help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingnut

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Im looking for some advice on buying machines for my new workshop.the workshop i am going to be building is 6mx15m. I've been looking on different web site for table saw,bandsaw,pillar drill,surface planner,thickness planner,ect.the table saw is my first buy not wanting to spend more than 1500. I've been out the joinery game for the last 12 years so dont really know whats new on the market that is any good.any help would be much appreciated.thank you.ps this is a cracking site

im planning on making different things out of pallets and garden furniture and other bits and pieces.no it not commercial its just the room that iv got left in my back garden.

Have a look through this site: http://www.axminster.co.uk/ most on here use Axminster for tools and machinery, I just had a table saw delivered to France by them, bit of a drama, but I suppose to be expected with export orders from a company based in the UK.

Also use the search function for "Workshop" there has been a few threads on the subject recently.

Mike

What has happened in the last 15 years is that many of the machines that were the best buys then still are albeit now on the secondhand market.

I am slowly tooling up with the intention to turn semi professional into professional. All stationary machines are secondhand and almost all hand held machines are new. I find this to be the only sensible route to go with the slim profit marigins of today.

MikeJhn":qrvzsm6p said:
Have a look through this site: http://www.axminster.co.uk/ most on here use Axminster for tools and machinery, I just had a table saw delivered to France by them, bit of a drama, but I suppose to be expected with export orders from a company based in the UK.

Also use the search function for "Workshop" there has been a few threads on the subject recently.

Mike

i did look on there site.i phoned them yesterday to get a catologe sent out but the girl on the phone told me they don't do them any more.all my hand tools is up to date.i use makita lxt stuff.its just machines iv not been around for a few years now.what model was it you bought?

Axminster
Charnood
SIP
Record

are all much of a sameness
guess all come out of the same Chinese factory with slightly different spec & quality finish

Preference most have on this forum is based on customer service, but you & I know thats not much use up there.
I used to have a KW post code and I could never persuade dispatch departments I was not on an island :roll:

Its a few years ago, but there was a tool supply company somewhere between Thuro & Wick (maybe Watten) who could get this kit.

Edit: Allans of Gillock.
They were always very good, although I was a private buyer they knew I worked at "you know where" and maybe went a bit further to help so as not to upset their main customer.

Latest posts

Back