New works

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip Streeting

Established Member
Reaction score
"Rites of Passage"
26" high
rite1small.jpg

"Decorated Bowl"
Work in progress 2ft wide x 3ft 6" high
decbowl2.jpg

decbowl1.jpg

Phil

Oh they are beautiful! I really wish I could learn to let it rip and do something as artistic as those! One day maybe.
Love 'em!

not too sure on the top one, but i like the bottom one lots, it looks like it needs to be in a Zen garden and would fit in with bamboo and assorted shrubbery as a terrific sculptural piece.
Love the colour and vibrancy of the piece and hope we see it finished too.

The first piece has an African look to it, to my mind... the second has an oriental vibe to it, I agree with Steve. 8)

The bowl is my favourite of the two pieces, Its the colour I think.. or perhaps more specifically the contrast of the colours and the orientation of the radial markings which with that slight suggestion of rotational movement.... reminds me of a wire-spoked wheel .... its a really attractive piece. I love it.

Super work.. both of them. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Like the bowl best but both are way above my league. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Great designs Phill, I really like how all the elements of the bowl design complement each other. It hints of Ghengis Khan to me :D :D :D

Great work,

Mike C

I admire the skill involved as well as the imagination that has gone into the design. I'd be happy to have made these but confess I'd be uncomfortable with them in the house. Too many years in Africa and the east and seeing the things that go on have put me off fetish symbols. Keep them coming Philip and good luck with it at the seminar

Pete

Thanks for posting Phil. I like them both, the 2nd being my favourite.

Back