New turner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samfire

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi This is my first post in the wood turning section. Until now I have been scroll sawing but, having promised myself for years, I final purchased a lathe for a retirement present.
I have never used a lathe before even at school so I'm pleased with my progress. To date I have done 4 practise spindles, a candle stick and a rolling pin. Then I went onto small lidded boxes, these are my first three which I am sharing with you.
boxes.jpg

I'd be blooming proud of those as first pieces - keep at it. Lots of different timbers, shapes, tools and techniques to explore but if you can knock those out early on you should have a lot of fun and not too much frustration.
Enjoy!

Looks like your years of Scrolling have instilled a good appreciation of working with wood, I think you will revel in the detail achievable in the turning field especially on smaller Treen subjects.

Looks like you will be turning some nice bits in the future with a start like this.

On another note with the centre one try and use the decorative lines so that one is on the join it will improve it tremendously, it is always the little things that get over looked

Latest posts

Back