New Toys, not Festool and I can't find the on/off switch.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it is a nice idea. A beautiful saw by the way- heirloom stuff.

I think it has an elbow switch.
As Marcross said it's surely an heirloom, probably cost as much as one with a switch,
But what craftsmanship!
Regards Rodders

Definitely a lot better than the one in the video.

Brass backed with white plastic handle ???

Ah but the quality is appreciated long after the price is forgotten.

Did you not fancy a matching handle for the marker?

marcros":1td7vws7 said:
Ah but the quality is appreciated long after the price is forgotten.

Did you not fancy a matching handle for the marker?

It didn't really occur to me to ask, I'll just have to fashion my own (Now where can I find a small bit of rosewood?).

Mr_P":322ctlim said:

Imagine this. You're in a workshop with Rob Cosman, standing at adjoining benches, and you're both just finishing the dovetailing for a drawer.

Now, with your dovetails on the bench, and his dovetails on the bench, would you still feel inclined to lean across and say "Rob, I think you might do a lot better if your saw had a proper rosewood handle"?

custard":1knrro6q said:
Mr_P":1knrro6q said:

Imagine this. You're in a workshop with Rob Cosman, standing at adjoining benches, and you're both just finishing the dovetailing for a drawer.

Now, with your dovetails on the bench, and his dovetails on the bench, would you still feel inclined to lean across and say "Rob, I think you might do a lot better if your saw had a proper rosewood handle"?

Having watched his videos I can categorically state that Rob Cosman cuts dovetails faster and better than me, having seen his tools I can categorically state that Shane Skelton makes much better saw handles than Rob Cosman (probably a better saw all round but I have never actually touched either, my steel backed Tyzak works for me).

Paddy .

Latest posts

Back