New to the world of scroll sawing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coxylee

Reaction score
Have been a member of this site for a few months now and have recently purchased an Axminster AWSS-18 scroll saw and have been practicing over the past few weeks to try and get the hang of it! In my spare time over the past 18 months, I have been building childrens furniture and doing small carpentry projects in my local area. I have wanted a scroll saw for a while and finally purchased one to add to my workshop to enable me to do more detailed work.

Here are a couple of my projects/name plaques I have done since my purchase:

butterfly cut out.JPG

cooper black alphabet.JPG

Mollie New Style Painted.jpeg

Thanks for looking.
Lee

Attachments

• butterfly cut out.JPG
    butterfly cut out.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,970
  • cooper black alphabet.JPG
    cooper black alphabet.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,970
  • Mollie New Style Painted.jpeg
    Mollie New Style Painted.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,970
Hi Lee ,some very nice scrolling there ,love the butterfly but it's all pretty good . =D>

Thanks for showing ,

Thanks Mark.

Yeah think the saw is very good, although with not having used one before, i dont really have anything to compare it to. The only thing i did find is that to make it more practical to do internal cuts, i had to remove quite a few of the plastic guards/trim, to enable me to get to the lower pin holder? Might be just me making a meal of it! Oh, and dont really think too much of the flexi drive attachment either.

Do you have the same model?

Hi Coxylee, all of your pieces look cracking, I especially like the font, they all look uniform and very well cut.

Gary

Latest posts

Back