New to scrolling!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elspeth58

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm a new convert to this beautiful craft and I don't have a clue where to begin. I am looking to buy a scroll saw and don't have to much of a budget to play with. Can anyone guide me to a suitable brand of scroll saw, there are so many different ones out there. I don't mind buying second hand but what should I avoid? I'd welcome some help. :D

Welcome to the forum Elspeth.
If you look on the Scrolling - Scroll saws section of this forum and ask your question there im sure you will find an answer to help you. :)

Yes

I have a Hegner now but started with a Scheppach Decoflex that shook itself , the bench and everything around it all over the workshop.

The reason I asked where you are is if you're local to me you could possibly try a decent machine so that you have some idea what it is you're looking for.

If you look at a lot of the posts on the forum you'll find a lot of info before making a purchase so that you avoid the mistake a lot have by buying a cheap machine and regretting it.

M

Hi, thankyou both,
as you can tell, I'm not sure what is where on this forum :D but I will learn, I'm more than happy to be pointed in the right direction, so thanks for that sawdust maker.

I'm Blackburn way M so not close enough, but thanks. Someone told me that Axminster tools might be a good place to ask questions about machines. So I might give them a call too.

Back