new saw but what one?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy. This is REALLY EASY.

Buy the second one. Simple

DO NOT BUY TH RECORD!!!

Thanks Wiz thats the one i'm kind of favouring at the moment, i am sure i have saw them on ebay from time to time with make me a sensible offer underneath it i am sure i have read about it on here as well but cant find it.
Jim

before they set up their website they where selling them on ebay and some people got some silly bargains. I have not seen them on there since. Harbo has one and seems to be very impressed with it.

I agree with Wizer. I went and bought the T30 and it's a great bit of kit, just leaves me grinning whenever I use it. I looked at the one with the sliding table but it really seemed very low quality in comparison, more bells and whistles (well, a sliding table) but a lot less accurate, fiddely to set up and badly engineered.
I'm not against Record stuff but I wouldn't buy one of their table saws for some reason or other. I don't really think much of the Sip stuff I've seen though, all just seems a bit rubbish.

I think the guy at Lyndhurst is called Richard and sold me my saw for £650. They'd been selling for about that for a few weeks previously and as I was driving past Bristol in a van I thought it might be worth seeing if he'd do a deal. I think the week after that someone bagged one on Ebay for £540! He mentioned that after christmas he'd stop selling them on Ebay with no reserve but only as a buy it now. I haven't checked but this might be why you haven't seen one going cheap/ on auction.

I just had a look and there doesn't appear to be anything on Ebay at all. They're selling from the website at £795 though which still seems a bit of a steal - I don't work for them, honest! But I'd pay that for it. I liked the gold top version too as it has a different rise and fall mech. The whole thing goes up and down in a massively substantial cast iron dovetail, really nice, plus it's got a shiny gold top! But the extraction was out of the left hand side which wasn't right for my shop and I didn't really have any more cash to spend either.

Anyway, I won't keep on, but yes, I definitely can recommend the T30 and it's got to be worth dropping the guy an email. As Eric Idle once said "you gotta haggle" - I think it was him anyway, might have been Palin.

Richard is a great guy and answers all your questions with the patience of a saint.

I'm currently in discussions with Lyndhurst about purchasing a T30 myself. Apparently because of the weak pound and high material costs they cannot offer the kind of prices they once did (on ebay...)...

Still, I cannot hesitate to recommend their service enough. Good company.

Back