New piece

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip Streeting

Established Member
Reaction score
Deconstructed vessel - Sycamore 3" dia.

decon5.jpg

decon4.jpg

decon2.jpg

That shows a wonderful commitment to patience, care and determination to achieve such flowing curves and controlled edge definition in such a confined space, is that the final product or are you tempted to use it as a maquette for a larger piece.

Thanks for your observations Chas and yes it was an exercise in patience especially when the inevitable slips occurred.

It could turn into a larger piece or be the centrepiece of a bowl maybe - make a change from fruit!!
It is more a change of direction and the start of some new work having done nothing for some time.

Phil

Superb Philip. A really engaging piece. I for one enjoy following your blog as I try to second guess what you are going to next with a piece. Haven't guessed right to date which is why I enjoy your work so much. Keeps me thinking.

Hi Phil,

Great to see a fresh piece, an interesting extension on some of your previous work that I feel works well indeed.

Like Mark I enjoy following your blog and especially your exploration with photography, very creative and inspiring.

Thanks,

Lee.

Hi Philip. Stunning. That was my first impression, and I think the first is the one that matters. Beneath that, the mix of fine surfaces and organic, the shapes and depth, sculptural, art by taking all function away. Slightly echoes the woman who's name escapes me (Cornwall, stone carvings with holes through, St Ives ... help here!!). Stunning - honest, love it. Really very good indeed. I want it.

Thanks everyone for the commenting and the appreciation expressed. I have retaken the photos to show more detail and changed them here.

Condeesteso, I think it is Barbara Hepworth you are trying to recall.

Phil

Hi Phil,

I've been looking at this piece further as there's a lot to appreciate.

For me, the section that sets the whole piece off is the smoothe section twisting up from the centre, it feels like several pieces growing and morphing together. I also get lots of H R Giger imagery which is a great pleasure to visualise.

Excellent work and in no doubt looking forward to more.

Cheers,

Lee.

Back