New Mistery Veritas Stuff: Custom Bevel Down Planes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_SAMa

Established Member
Reaction score
I seem to be the last one to know about this...
http://www.leevalley.com/us/home/page.aspx?p=72236&c=
Not much time left for guessing this but what do you think it is?

I hope it's moulding planes or carving tools.

Actually a pair of panel saws would complete their whole line of saws.

Or shall we have the MkIII honing jig? (hammer)

Edit: "starts with us and finishes with you", sounds like a kit of some sort don't you think?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well it sort of is a "kit" in that you can customize it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyPK1IppxqU#t=123
Looks like Veritas is trying to compete with Lie Nielsen's high-angle frog offerings, except they took it one step further

J_SAMa":188wyloj said:
Not much time left for guessing this but what do you think it is?....
Something very expensive which nobody needs?

To be fair most of their things are reasonably priced... In North America.
Their saws are still bargains even here in Europe.

J_SAMa":nt3a8e0m said:
What problems do you have in Nederland, buying direct from Lee Valley? In UK they seem to get taxed on everything, so that it's seldom worthwhile. Over here in New Zealand, so long as the value is not much more than $500 NZD, we don't even have to pay GST - which means decent savings can be had.

Cheers, Vann.

Vann":b1lf9hn4 said:
http://www.leevalley.com/us/home/page.aspx?p=72236&c= Hmm... A power tool or a storage system maybe?

lee valley":b1lf9hn4 said:
On Sept. 13, 2014 at 12:00pm...
12:00pm, whens that? I thought it was 12 noon or 12 midnight! 11:59am, 12:00 noon, 12:01pm or 11:59pm, 12:00 midnight, 12:01am... (hammer)

Cheers, Vann.

12 noon. Which is something like 5 pm here?

Vann":3j7lx32x said:
J_SAMa":3j7lx32x said:
What problems do you have in Nederland, buying direct from Lee Valley? In UK they seem to get taxed on everything, so that it's seldom worthwhile. Over here in New Zealand, so long as the value is not much more than $500 NZD, we don't even have to pay GST - which means decent savings can be had.

Cheers, Vann.

Import duties applicable for 150 eur or more, and shipping of about 20 eur so not worth it....

All lawn mowers should be bevel up as grass grows vertically , hence you are working the "end grain ". I'm hoping for a new and improved box tool , maybe in stainless steel to go with the garden multi tool. Stylin in the yard dudes.

J_SAMa":1kjs5pp9 said:
Ahh, but how do you know? Surely there are two times each day with equal claim to being 12pm. The first being one minute before 12.01pm; and the 2nd being one minute after 11.59pm :-? :-s

Cheers Vann.

Vann":1prse1o3 said:
J_SAMa":1prse1o3 said:
Ahh, but how do you know? Surely there are two times each day with equal claim to being 12pm. The first being one minute before 12.01pm; and the 2nd being one minute after 11.59pm :-? :-s

Cheers Vann.
Hi,
Well, seeing as it's still not announced... It's probably noon.
Or could it be 14/09 00:00?

J_SAMa":316j90bo said:
Vann":316j90bo said:
J_SAMa":316j90bo said:

Cheers, Vann.

Import duties applicable for 150 eur or more, and shipping of about 20 eur so not worth it....

Thats not bad. Here in the uk its anything over £15 then we get charged VAT and import duty. :(

JimB":1167dmne said:
jimi43":1167dmne said:
All I can see is lawnmowers! :shock:

A bevel up lawnmower? :mrgreen:

Jimi
Or grass seed designed for bevel up. :D

lanemaux":1167dmne said:
All lawn mowers should be bevel up as grass grows vertically , hence you are working the "end grain ". I'm hoping for a new and improved box tool , maybe in stainless steel to go with the garden multi tool. Stylin in the yard dudes.

I like to sharpen my grass with a hover, "lot-less-bover-wiv-a-hover" they say.
Maybe the mystery item under the blanket is...........(drum roll).................... a jig for the hover, :shock:
I could do with a nice jig to get it just right =D>

Back