UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arron

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all :)

Firstly, I could see a thread for new members so please feel free to move this if I have overlooked it :)

As the username would suggest....I'm Arron!

Left the Royal Navy last year after 16 years on subs and relocated with my family to Cornwall.

Woodwork has always interested me but up until now I've never had the time or space to invest into it, first project for the new house was a shed/workshop so I've built a 5x3x2.5m plot at the end of the garden :)

I've invested into the Ryobi range of 18v cordless and pretty much collected all the worthwhile items, my first "proper" woodworking tool is the table saw, Charnwood w629 along with a few blades from the trend range.

Westcountry 4 wood is 5 minutes from myself so decided to go with a local shop that will hopefully offer support should I need it (please tell me this table saw isn't useless!!!lol)

I aim to kit this shed out, I don't do hobbies in half measure and wherever budget allows believe in buying decent tools first time around :)

Next tool over the next few days is a router, local b&m stocks the trend range (read some good reviews) and also a pillar drill :)

The house is 12 years old but hasn't been touched since build and I intend on doing everything myself, a huge learning curve is ahead of me hence joint a forum.

Anyway, enough ranting....lol

Arron

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you've kitted out yourself with some good gear.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your progress :)

Welcome aboard oppo. There's plenty to learn, of course, but you'll find loads of answers on the forum.
There is a 'Buffer' of sorts, whom you'll recognise straight away, but be careful about mentioning sharpening!

That's your 'joining routine' completed with your intro-post. Look forward to seeing your work in pictures!
Enjoy the forum.

John :eek:ccasion5:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :D

Baldhead":ltwzf0dp said:
Welcome Arron, a workshop 5x3x2.5m must be huge compared to the space you had on a sub!

Stew

Just a little bigger! :lol:

Back