UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john458

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Ive just joined the site after reading through the forums for a while. Ive just bought a Delta scroll saw (40-560) for my partner as she's getting into wood working as a hobby, I'm assisting in a technical support role but knowing nothing about saws I'm attempting to learn as much as I can. Although I'm not doing any of the hands on work I am finding the subject very interesting, I guess I just enjoy fiddling with tools. If anyone has the Delta saw and can offer any advice in general on using/maintaining it would be most appreciated, thank you.

A very warm welcome to this fabulous hobby and forum,I am sorry that I can't help with the Delta.I am sure that help will be along soon :roll: This is the place to be for your questions to be answered and I hope that I will be of help sometime in the future. :?

Bryan

John.

Welcome to the forum, like Bryan I have no knowledge of the Delta saw, but there is certain to be someone on this forum with such knowledge. :wink:

Take Care.

Chris R.

Hi John,
Is it the model 2 with Quickset top blade clamp? I general they are a great machine I have the variable speed model 540 unfortunately since getting my Hawk not used too much now.
I used to maintain it (oil it ) about every 2 months , if you don't have the manual you can download it from Delta

Enjoy!!

John

Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm new here myself, there's lots of information and help for all things scroll saw here, enjoy! :)

Hi all and thanks for the replies. The saw has the quickset II clamps i believe which has a quick release lever on the upper arm and an allen key on the lower arm, unfortunately it looks like we're missing the clamp tool for the lower arm clamp (Delta call it a blade wrench in their spares list). If anyone has one hidden away in their shed somewhere that they no longer need perhaps we could come to an agreement :)

Latest posts

Back