UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
joethedrummer":r63m7zhc said:
Random Orbital Bob":r63m7zhc said:
Other very useful technical measurement terms include:

A gnats tadger!
You could get a double decker bus under there!
A hair
Its p-i-s-s-e-d
That's not going in that mortise as long as there's a hole in my a - -
Just wave the plane at it and it'll go in
That's one thump away from fitting
Bob, they made me chuckle, I remember them all being followed soon afterwards by, You won"t see it once it"s painted.

haha....or "that's what painters mate was invented for" and (when inserting screws into door hinges) "pass me the Birmingham screwdriver would you".

For those who don't know. Birmingham screwdriver = hammer :)

Its all quality round here.

Hey good buddies, I know we are having a laugh, ( well, some of us, }, but Self Taught might not understand UK humour when he logs on tomorrow,,,,,,
Stick with the forum Self Taught,,,, there is lots to learn,,,

phil.p":v8r0qyyv said:
SteveF":v8r0qyyv said:
phil.p":v8r0qyyv said:
Centimetres are the work of the devil, and you should be hung, drawn and quartered for even mentioning them! :)

& eighth sixteenth and thirty-seconded ..thats gotta hurt :)

Steve
No. Just metres and millimetres are fine. :)

Hey phil, I just had a look at those millimetres, and it"s even better because there is nearly 300 of them little b,,,,rs to the foot !!

'Morning Landlord, Could I have 568.26 ml of your best bitter please?'

Somehow that just doesn't have the same ring about it. :lol:

Benchwayze":358mtis3 said:
'Morning Landlord, Could I have 568.26 ml of your best bitter please?'

Somehow that just doesn't have the same ring about it. :lol:

When I asked Betty the barmaid at the local pub for 586.26 ml of your best she replied "why don"t you just have a pint like usual ?",, and I thought, "why vote UKIP ?"
,,,,,,joe,,,,

Was that a typo Joe? I wouldn't know the conversion offhand, so I used Google and cut and pasted 568.26 ml = 1 pint...

I'm told if you do vote UKIP, NF will buy you a pint!

:oops: :D

Hey good buddies ,,, Obviously the 568/586 error had no effect on Betty because she poured a pint or more as usual,, but more worrying is "will 18ml make much difference to my afternoon performance ?"

Off tack slightly but this is worth knowing - did you know that a litre of water weighs one kilogramme? So, for instance, a recipe says you need 350ml of water, and you haven't got a measuring jug - stick it on a kitchen scales and weigh 350gms. I didn't realise until I did a bakery course.

joethedrummer":250w88mt said:
Hey good buddies ,,, Obviously the 568/586 error had no effect on Betty because she poured a pint or more as usual,, but more worrying is "will 18ml make much difference to my afternoon performance ?"

Depends what you are 'performing' at Joe...

phil.p":2rw7fy59 said:
Off tack slightly but this is worth knowing - did you know that a litre of water weighs one kilogramme? So, for instance, a recipe says you need 350ml of milk, and you haven't got a measuring jug - stick it on a kitchen scales and weigh 350gms. I didn't realise until I did a bakery course.

Hi phil,, that"s handy,,perhaps you can help me with this one, " why when I drink about 586ml approx; of beer do I pee about 2344ml ?"
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,joe,,,,

joethedrummer":2xrrc1tm said:
phil.p":2xrrc1tm said:
Off tack slightly but this is worth knowing - did you know that a litre of water weighs one kilogramme? So, for instance, a recipe says you need 350ml of milk, and you haven't got a measuring jug - stick it on a kitchen scales and weigh 350gms. I didn't realise until I did a bakery course.

Hi phil,, that"s handy,,perhaps you can help me with this one, " why when I drink about 586ml approx; of beer do I pee about 2344ml ?"
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,joe,,,,

Because alcohol is a diuretic, which means it tells your kidneys to get rid of as much urine as they can. This is why you feel so dehydrated and headachey when you're hung over. Much of those symptoms are caused by dehydration.
"What was that honey....the corkscrew....just over there" :)

Latest posts

Back