New member introduction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teesquare

Reaction score
Hi folks!
I am Tim Tucker - or "T" to close friends.
6 years in woodturning - decades in woodworking. Currently focused on turning. I turn on a Robust American Beauty and just brought home a VB 36.
My focus is on something I call "The 3 Fs" Fine wood - it need not be expensive or exotic but it must have visual interest. Form - that causes the eye to tell the hand to touch or pick up the work. Fine Furniture Finish - not plastic looking, but a finish that makes the best showing of the wood.

Looking forward to participating and learning from woodturners across the pond!

Attachments

• 15%22 Syc Maple Platter 1.jpeg
    15%22 Syc Maple Platter 1.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 15%22 Syc Maple Platter 2.jpeg
    15%22 Syc Maple Platter 2.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 15%22 Syc Maple Platter 6.jpeg
    15%22 Syc Maple Platter 6.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 0
Hi and welcome 🤗 some nice work there . There are some exceptional turners in this forum, unfortunately I’m not one of them but I can appreciate the finished work.
Thanks Bingy! I am honored to be in great location for woodturning. SO many big names are club members here that have mentored myself and others in our continuing journey. Looking forward to seeing some of the great work from the UK!

Thanks Bingy! I am honored to be in great location for woodturning. SO many big names are club members here that have mentored myself and others in our continuing journey. Looking forward to seeing some of the great work from the UK!
Check out the threads - what’s the last thing you made ,, and same title but ends in turned . Some truly amazing work . And I’ve just noted your location- ❣❤️❣️

Back