New member & some of my past projects

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kernowjoiner24

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys im Darren, im a joiner and live down in deepest darkest cornwall.

Ive been nosing at the site for a while and thought its about time i registered and contributed a bit !

I rarely get many interesting wood-based projects at work (maintaining a royal navy air base) but do bits and pieces on the side and various small projects for myself and family.

A few things ive made lately..

I worked at a local joinery company for a while and during my time there made these softwood doors with a bespoke 'shell' design bottom panel..

P0943_01-09-10.jpg

P1527_01-09-10.jpg

Then was asked to make a softwood panel and georgian wired glazed back door for a guy locally, and a curved head open-in casement window for a friends parents-in-law holiday home in france ! The frame is complete and have just started the sashes.

2012-06-14171719.jpg

2012-06-14171750.jpg

2012-06-14172555.jpg

Then i wanted to make a stool for sitting at my bench in the workshop, i used some Travis P finest quality pine off-cuts and some 1980's iroko salvaged from an old plant room door i salvaged.

2012-05-03172937.jpg

I enjoyed making the stool so fancied making some chairs of a similar design. I used more Travis P finest and the iroko for the back rest spars and leg supports. Im getting some cushions upholstered with some leather scraps i had too, looking forward to finishing them.

2012-09-06200655.jpg

2012-09-08141219.jpg

I treated the chairs with boiled linseed oil as i like yellow colour it gives and how it brings out the grain.. Opinions welcome !

Very professional, even your timber looks better than I have seen for a while.

Where do you get it? =P~

Your skill and experience is certain to be welcomed here.

Thanks for the comments guys they are much appreciated, looking at some of the projects on here i would consider myself still to have a lot to learn, theres some beautiful work !

The stool and chairs were double mortised & tenoned with the tenon ends mitered which creates a really strong joint, and takes away the need to angle screw into the legs like all the shop bought stuff.

As for the timber, its just the Travis P joinery quality i get for doing door frames, etc in work. The guys are quite good at my local branch and let me dig and delve to get the straightest and least knotty stuff ! 8)

Back