New Machines - 2 faulty

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syntec4

Established Member
Reaction score
:evil:

I just got 3 new pieces of kit for my Birthday and Christmas. Just had chance to put them together and try them 2 of which have faults straight out of the box!

The perform Extractor has the Fan cover badly squashed. I emailed Axminster and they are sending a new one.

The New Morticer has a broken depth stop. The casting is cracked on the threaded side and the Chisel supplied with it wouldn't cut butter. I tried another chisel that I had and that works fine. The one supplied doesn't appear to be machined properly as it will not clear the chips away after the drill starts to remove material.

The new new Belt/disk sander appears to be OK so far. Fingers crossed :roll:

Axminster replied to my email within an hour of me sending it, so I'm not complaining about the after sales. Does make you wonder about the quality of manufacturing though.

I did manage to get the Additional bench built for all the 'Bench machines over Christmas.

Its 16ft long and I will set all the machines so the tables are all at the same height.

I also got one of the Pews I mentioned In another post to see what the wood is like.

You can see my Dad pondering the huge pile after I broke one up. It's his first trip out of the house for 3 weeks after being in Hospital over Christmas. He got Cancer but had an op and they think they have got most of it. It was good to see him in there again after a long absence.

When I get the Oak tidied up, I'll do a new workshop tour as things have changed quite a bit since I built the workshop in December 05.

Cheers
Lee.

Does make you wonder about the quality of manufacturing though

Also makes you wonder about the storage and handling too.

Seems like your not having much luck, hope you manage to get it all sorted soon.

You'll be needing to extend your workshop soon to fit all those new toys :lol:

I also got one of the Pews I mentioned In another post to see what the wood is like.

I got some oak from the backs of pews a while ago, it's come up lovely after i planed all the gunk off, it's currently being made into drawers for swmbo jewelry cabinet.

You can see my Dad pondering the huge pile after I broke one up. It's his first trip out of the house for 3 weeks after being in Hospital over Christmas. He got Cancer but had an op and they think they have got most of it. It was good to see him in there again after a long absence.

Give your dad our best wishes, we hope he has a speedy recovery. Just had a scare myself a few months back and my Mum had cancer a few years ago and i can't fault the way the NHS handled us.

Must be a relief to know he's on the mend.

Matt.

Latest posts

Back