New kitchen

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jar944

Established Member
Reaction score
Installing a new kitchen at my house.
20211207_151714.jpg
20211211_102229.jpg
20211211_164220.jpg
20211217_082500.jpg
20211216_132931.jpg

20211216_133037.jpg

20211216_133050.jpg

I bet a framed Kitchen is quite unusual in America.
Massive upgrade on the original.

work life balance....we call it burning the candle at both ends......hahaha...
Is the outside style of the house matching the inside...?
east coast.....?.
cant think of the name this at the mo...
Colonial.....?
all very oldy worldy......carry on....nice job....

east coast.....?.
Colonial.....?
That’s wonderful work! Just come back from the east coast and after several visits I am still blown away by the style of the houses, Mind you some of them are going to silly extremes with as many different roof lines as possible.
DD4A1E16-8390-4474-9A21-78C5E12DDEE1.jpeg

east coast.....?.
Colonial.....?

Lol yes work at work, work on the house, sleep, repeat.

They call everything here that was built between 1980 and 2010 either colonial or modern for the most part , neither have much meaning. Now it's modern farmhouse or craftsman, still without much relevance to anything inside or much outside.

This house is "colonial" in that sense. It's a more traditional facade but was just a generic box inside. The builders here will offer the exact same house floorplan /interior with 5-6 different exterior options.

I've been slowly transforming the interior to a more traditional look.

20211021_185620.jpg

20210519_123634.jpg

That’s wonderful work! Just come back from the east coast and after several visits I am still blown away by the style of the houses, Mind you some of them are going to silly extremes with as many different roof lines as possible.View attachment 124658

Thanks.

The Mc Mansions are still in effect. It seems to be getting better though at least in my area. Some "architects" still love as many roof lines as they can cram on a box.

The builders here will offer the exact same house floorplan /interior with 5-6 different exterior options.
Here you get architecture based on lego, no character at all because the builder has to maximise profits for the shareholders and so keeps cost to a minimum and if you have daylight between two houses they are classed as detached. As for that house, here they would have shoe horned another twenty or more onto that plot and I suspect it is to stop them falling over, a bit like cheap fully fitted kitchens where all the units combine to keep everything together.

We have the same issue really as with woodworking machines, we all complain about the quality but people still buy them and so nothing changes, same with newbuilds.

Latest posts

Back