New Job

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wellywood

Established Member
Reaction score
After winding-up a business and being just short of pension age, I needed something to fund my woodworking addiction.
I spotted an ad for a meter reader for a local power company who wanted someone to read 'remote' meters.
Now armed with a 4WD and go-anywhere keys I get to go places Joe Public often can't, like the one in the pic below.
I start at eight a.m. and am usually home by 2.30 p.m.
And they pay me for it!
I should have done this years ago!
climie.006r.jpg

Attachments

• climie.006r.jpg
    climie.006r.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,108
Nice!

My kind of job, well after the mortgage is paid.

A mate of mine worked for national grid and had to survey the lines looking at tree growth and he had go anywhere keys! Got to do some lovely off roading

To meet OSH requirements I had to complete a 4WD training course.
To demonstrate how far over the vehicle would tip without falling, the instructor had me pushed over until he could hold it balanced.
I was inside screaming like a little girl. :shock:
14575R.jpg

Attachments

• 14575R.jpg
    14575R.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 722
wellywood":2ylc8qj6 said:
To meet OSH requirements I had to complete a 4WD training course.
To demonstrate how far over the vehicle would tip without falling, the instructor had me pushed over until he could hold it balanced.
I was inside screaming like a little girl. :shock:
View attachment 14575

And getting paid for it =D> =D> =D>

Its 8.15am in NZ - what no weekend overtime???

Brian

It's quite good when you get say NSF and OSR off the ground. So the car is balanced on two wheels. If you get it balanced right you can easily rock it with just one finger.

Latest posts

Back