New from the north

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lochnesslindsay

Reaction score
Nearly finished a home office / workshop. Only took about two years longer than expected. Stumbled into forum looking for a bandsaw manual that I later realised I already had on file. Will have more questions than answers.

2022-10-11-160544.JPG

Hi and welcome to our insanatorium 🤣
Question, why have the roof sloping to your front and door?
Why not slope from front to back?
But still a nice build.

Hi and welcome to our insanatorium 🤣
Question, why have the roof sloping to your front and door?
Why not slope from front to back?
But still a nice build.
Could be to save annoying the neighbour, it’s quite close really, I’m sure it’s legal but I’m not sure I would have liked it next to me.
But it looks to be a lovely setting, and I hope you thoroughly enjoy working in it.

The fence is internal so neighbours not an issue and much easier to stay within permitted development. The door is on the lower wall because I wanted maximise unbroken wall space for toolboards and storage etc. The door has to be on that side of building for practical reasons. It's more of a bike workshop than woodwork so the keyboard is relatively safe. The cladding is local larch which is pretty cheap compared to alternatives especially when you decide not to treat it. Horizontal laps are quick to fit compared to vertical but most folk seem to prefer vertical and that's what is on the extension of the house. The cladding is complete now bar soffits and a bit of fascia. It has a profiled metal roof that looked easier to fit than the rubber membrane I initially considered. No gutter yet either so drips down the back of the neck when fumbling for the keys!

I got the bandsaw out of the shed to help with cleats for tool holders above my workbench. Should have been more careful with my selection of 2x4s for the workbench.

Attachments

• IMG_20240117_214313_240-01.jpg
    IMG_20240117_214313_240-01.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back