Thanks for asking.
It's been an interesting few weeks:
- Had a serious / boring conversation with my wife about finances and the fact that we have some big bills coming up that we need a realistic plan for (school stuff)
- As a result we have set a time limit on my garden room business stuff as march / April, so the clock is now ticking
- At that point I will get serious about getting an office job - a slightly depressing thought
- I've already put together my CV and applied for one job as an experiment - they were interested in me but their salary range didn't meet my needs so I'm not pursuing it
- I've built a garden room for the landscaping company I'm working for, which was fun, and relevant.
- Myself and one other guy built it in 9 days, it's 4m x3m, and that included removing the old shed and putting in a concrete base. It's insulated, has french doors and 4 windows and a roof lantern. It's not decorated yet and needs skirting too, but even so that's faster than the 6 months I took to build mine! so I'm feeling positive about that
- And the big news..... I've had my first enquiry, just this Saturday!
- And weirdly, I've had my second enquiry, on Monday!
- And slightly bizarrely, I've had my third enquiry, yesterday
For now I'm just enjoying having some light at the end of the tunnel that isn't office shaped.
I have a guy coming over on Sunday to look at my garden room and have a chat, so Saturday will be spent preparing.
On the rugby club stuff, the president of the club contacted me and said they were discussing my proposal but that I should be aware that it could take a loonnnggg time to happen, possibly not even 'this year' were his words!