New Bowl V1

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George Foweraker

Established Member
Reaction score
DSC00934.jpg

I have taken two face on pics in very slightly differant poitions to show how the light highlights the gold.

DSC00936.jpg

DSC00937.jpg

Hi G,

Now this one is a beauty, for me everything about the piece works bang on, a great compositional piece too.

I also love the groove around the centre bowl and echoing larger in the outer rim. I think these accents are really great at framing both the inner bowl and the overall form of the outer bowl. Excellent thickness of the wall really adds a weight to the piece, I bet this feels excellent in the hand.

Rather than ask you a question I think you really need to write a book. You've been giving tips and guidance on your blog for a long time now and it has been a great source of knowledge. I happily buy a copy.

May I be so bold as to enquire if this piece is available for sale, appologies if this is bad form or not, but I really would like to own it. I am rather devoid of funds at the moment but would appreciate it if you could hold onto it for me until I can raise the funds.

Feel free to PM me George if you are open to discussion.

A great piece!

Cheers,

Lee.

Hi G,

Seriously, I realy am taken by it. It's a great bowl and I do prefer chunky bowls to thins ones generally.

Thanks and I'll let you know re: finance etc. in due course.

Cheers,

Lee.

Hi Lee.
Don't worry i will keep it for you.
This one is stunning in real live the light catches it and it is beautiful.
I think it is nice to have a collection of work from other turners as i think you know i have quite a collection.

Regards George

Quelle bois means what wood, not sure what the SVP bit is though. Thought it might be sycamore but didn't answer in case I was wrong...it happens LOL.

Pete

Back