New Bosch router MRC23EVSK (in the US)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schummie

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello woodworker friends,

I want to ask or one off you hear about a new Bosch router?
In the US they talk about the new Bosch Router MRC23EVSK
and he will come in June 2010.
I’m looking for a new router for a router table and this new router
Is new for the Bosch GMF 1400CE.

Thanks Schummie.

BOS-MRC23EVSK-2.jpg

BOS-MRP23EVS-2.jpg

Cool router, but defiantly wouldn't be my first choice for a table mounted router.

You want something with above the table bit change, and above the table height adjustment.

No your right, my first choice wood be a Milwaukee 5625 or a Porter cable 7518
but we have here 220v.
But I was curious or someone heard from the new Bosch router.

Thanks Schummie.

I think, that even with its few faults, the Triton is the best for table mounting. If your not doing any large panel raising I'd get the smaller model as it has above the table fine height adjustment.

Schummie,

If you like the Porter Cable machines then look for FLEX routers.

Flex is the European badge for Porter Cable. I bought one a few years ago and have been using it free hand until a few weeks ago when I completed my table. An excellent heavy duty machine.

Bob

A cylinder US style Bosch, like the one for sale in the UK at the moment has a lot of advantages in a router table.

I have mounted mine using a Jessem Router lift FX, from Rutlands, and it is a first class arrangement. I have a full 2.5 inches of travel and the collet can be lifted clear of the table, making bit change a dream. 

Also the whole unit can be taken out in 10 seconds with the cam release clamp and dropped into one of the 2 bases. 

This is a precision arrangement which produces first class results in the table and out.

I certainly am looking forward to any new cylinder style router, since they are a standard size. If only I could get my hands on a 230V 3HP Porter cable! Although 1400 Watts is fine for 95% of jobs anyway.

Mike

8)

Thank you guys, for your help.
It's very difficult to find the right router, the most positive story's I read,
for a heavy router in a router table, was about the Milwaukee 5625.
The Porter cable 7518 is also very good and one off the most used routers
in the industry, but this router is more Spartan build ( I hope I say it right)
But I also like the American Bosch, like Mike H told.
But the Triton is tested very good and specialty for a router table, but if you
ask what do you find how he looks, than I say no, thank you.
But that is not important, no and the color is good, orange.

It's difficult.

Thanks Schummie.

I hope you forgive my English.

Flex is the European badge for Porter Cable. I bought one a few years ago and have been using it free hand until a few weeks ago when I completed my table. An excellent heavy duty machine.

Bob

Bob, if looked but I can't find a flex router.
Do you have a website?

Thanks Schummie.

Schummie":12vubwkn said:

Bob

Bob, if looked but I can't find a flex router.
Do you have a website?

Thanks Schummie.

I found this on the Porter Cable website

Porter-Cable Corporation (www.porter-cable.com), a subsidiary of Pentair, Inc. (NYSE – PNR), is a leading manufacturer of portable electric and cordless power tools; air nailers, staplers & compressors; generators; pressure washers; and related accessories for the professional woodworking, commercial/residential construction, plumbing, and electrical markets. With its manufacturing operation centralized in Jackson, TN, Porter-Cable operates a second manufacturing facility in Steinheim, Germany, where its products are produced and sold throughout Europe under the FLEX brand name.

But on the Flex website http://www.flex-tools.com/gb/index.php

They no longer show routers in their product range.

Maybe the solution is to get a 110v Porter cable and run it from a safety transformer.

Bob

Thanks Bob for looking, I found everything from Flex but no router.
Yes, the yellow box is also a solution, but if i want this solution, that's the question.
I think, when I want a router for a "normal" price that it's gone be a Triton.
But we keep looking.

Thanks guys.

Schummie.

Latest posts

Back