New Axminster Tools & Machinery Web Site Launched!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please restore the 'view all' option, takes too long to hit the 'next' button and wait for page load. Much much quicker to load everything and use the scroll bar.
I think you will loose sales through casual browsing otherwise, users who just scroll though on a vague search term and just happen to see some 'essential' item they were previously unaware they needed.

On a few items I've looked at the previous customer reviews
(which I always found useful) have been missing.

Not to good to be honest, the last site was a country mile better ...
After all the negativity resulting in your question are you going to do something about it?

I doubt it, so why ask ...

I don't like it. I liked to browse through each category and be able to see the parent directories for items.
You can't do that anymore.
Items are difficult to find with out the search function.
For instance, if I wanted to browse the wood turning chisels...

On the old site it would be Woodworking>woodturning>tools and accessories>turning chisels (or something similar)
Now it's use the search function then home>faithful HSS parting tool.

I can't go back and look at the other chisels without using the search function again.

You've completely messed it up.

You've also gone with iOS7 looking plain white. Why?

Give us the option of using the old site too. Other websites do.

I'm getting used to it, just about. The searching still leaves a lot to be desired. One very irritating issue. The choices in the drop down menu's can you alter it so we can have items in numerical order?

It is annoying/ frustrating to search for drill bits to find the diameters going 2mm / 7mm / 10// 3mm 1/8th inch etc

Thank you. :)

Anyone else find that the site keeps crashing? All I keep getting is "Oops, Google Chrome cannot connect to this page".

BTW, Damion. Do you ever sell any Bosch or Makita stuff? Your prices are at least 30% more than other places.........

I think there's a Chrome problem at the moment.

I don't use it often, but I was working remotely with a colleague yesterday on web site management stuff. He couldn't get Chrome to connect properly but other browsers (IE, Firefox) on the same machine were working correctly. We did some diagnostics, but couldn't find any misconfiguration in the networking that might cause it. It _seemed_ to sort itself out after a while.

It seems very similar to your issues with the Axminster site.

MMUK":z6mg8k13 said:
Anyone else find that the site keeps crashing? All I keep getting is "Oops, Google Chrome cannot connect to this page".
No, stable on all browsers here (FF,Chrome,IE)

My order history is now available well done Axminster even if it did take 9 months.

Back