New Axminster AT107PT vs Record Power PT107

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wizard9999

Established Member
Reaction score
I wondered if anyone had seen the new Axminster Trade planer thicknessers yet (my local Axminster doesn't have any stock). The pictures of the AT 107PT on the website look very similar indeed to the Record Power PT107 and the spec is also very similar with one exception, the weight. Record Power quote a weight of 162kg, Axminster quote 182kg. As a simple proxy I am taking weight to be some indicator of build quality, robustness, etc. I therefore wonder what accounts for that extra 20kg. The Axminster has a roller extension on the end of the thicknesser table which the Record Power doesn't, not sure what it is made of, but 20kg would be a lot for that I think.

Both the machines are currently available at £999, but I think the Record Power can be had for £899 if you are at one of the shows and can get the same offer as they were doing at the D&M Tool Show.

If anyone has seen the new Axminster would be really interested to hear what you thought of it.

Terry.

Back