neat box joint cutting blade invention

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, a neat solution. I did see that a short time ago and it made me wonder if I could fit a dado stack to my Coronet saw attachment. I can fit a moulding block I know, so I'll make some enquiries; because using my saw attachment is how I cut my first set of box joints, (Using a wobble saw; which worked fine but for a very shallow arc at the base of each finger-socket. ) I am informed that the drawers I made with the set-up are still in use. (I think because I used No. 8 brass screws in each corner. Cut the heads off and filed down the shanks so they looked neat.

you look at the rubbish whitewood drawers made to day that don't last a year and you wonder if we have learnt anything really.
:roll: looks like the guy has got the financial backing he was looking for so hopefully we'll see them in the stores sometime this year.

Very unlikely to see them this side of the pond, we in this country are not allowed such nasty attachments for our saws elf n wotsit see to that. (hammer)

cedarwood":27iwxc37 said:
Very unlikely to see them this side of the pond, we in this country are not allowed such nasty attachments for our saws elf n wotsit see to that. (hammer)

bloomin EU they spoil everything :lol:

johnny":nria0plu said:
this looks like a brilliant idea . Not sure if its been posted before but for high volume, power tool box making it looks like a real time saver.

Been discussed here a couple of times. The main drawback with it is that the base of the drawer is the same thickness as the sides which is a huge waste of wood and means if it goes into production it's not going to sell to commercial shops.

cedarwood":znw0x6sr said:

Except that's totally untrue.

lurker":2pgk9pui said:
cedarwood":2pgk9pui said:

Quite! When did this misinformation about dado and wobble saws etc being banned by "Health & Safety" start?
Here are the facts .... http://www.hse.gov.uk/woodworking/woodcutting.htm

RogerP":he8fodf8 said:
lurker":he8fodf8 said:
cedarwood":he8fodf8 said:

Quite! When did this misinformation about dado and wobble saws etc being banned by "Health & Safety" start?
Here are the facts .... http://www.hse.gov.uk/woodworking/woodcutting.htm

Roger...
I was under the impression that HSE said a saw table should not be used with the guarding removed. That would preclude the use of a dado stack by default. I don't really know mind, because to remove the guard on my Coronet is a bit of a faff. I only bother when I use the wobble-saw, which these days ain't often, ever since I inverted a router in a big Trend plate...

Cheers

Back