Narrow strap / desk hinge for clothes horse?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flanajb

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I am about to start making a clothes horse and am struggling to find a suitable hinge. I ideally want to use a strap / desk hinge so that the clothes horse can be closed up.

I ideally want a stainless steel one so as to match the stainless steel poles I plan to use for the rails. The ones I have found are marine hinges and are 25mm wide. Ideally I want them to be < 19mm wide.

Anyone know of a suitable hinge that I could maybe use instead?

Thanks

The clothes horses I remember from my youth (a long time ago now), used chair webbing. Very simple, easy to fit as they were just screwed/tacked on but were very foldable.
Slinger

Slinger":34abeu1p said:
The clothes horses I remember from my youth (a long time ago now), used chair webbing. Very simple, easy to fit as they were just screwed/tacked on but were very foldable.
Slinger
I made one as an excercise some years ago. I couldn't find chair webbing, but a trip to the scrappers got me some seat belt.
An advantage of the old web hinge was both ways folding.

xy

P.s. have a look at the hinge detail here:- http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/devol ... thes-horse

Back