Narex Paring Chisel Passaround

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matthewwh

Established Member
Reaction score

3/4" Narex Paring Chisel Passaround

How a passaround works:

A passaround is a minimal cost way for people to try out a new tool in the comfort of their own workshop and then share their experience of it with others on the forum.

To join the passaround you copy and paste the list into a new message and add your username at the bottom and send a PM to the person before you on the list containing your name and address. When the person before you has had their turn they will post it on to you, you try it out for two or three days and then post it on to the next person (who will have PM'd you their address details). Once you have had your turn you can add a brief review on this thread if you wish.

The chisel will be brand new so the first person on the list will need to prepare it, I'm happy to offer any help / advice / materials necessary. It is particularly important with these to scrape off the thin layer of crocell before doing any work on the underside of the blade.

Please be reasonable with the amount of time that you hang onto it (2-3 days is ample).
Please use recorded mail, I'm guessing the cost per go will be £3.50ish
Last person on the list sends it back to Workshop Heaven and we auction it for charity.

Matthew, I would like to trial the chisel on behalf of the Southern Fellowship of Woodworkers.

List:
SFWW

damn you matthew and your silly blog arghhhhhhhhh

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

i have no control!!!!

adidat

Just a question. How thick are these? I'm lusting for a while for somehing like that, wide, thin, long and (reasonably) flat.

I've just taken some measurements, 4.2mm just behind the bevel, 6mm at the shoulder, the side lands are about 1mm all the way up.

Impressed with the chisel. The back was reasonably flat and easily prepared. The edge retention is good, even with Oak. Despite being a long chisel it was easy to use and light to the touch. Well worth considering, if looking for a paring chisel. Thanks to Workshop Heaven for the chance to try out this chisel.

Rich,

I got it shortly after christmas and haven't had much of a chance to do anything much. This weekend is free however. Once I'm done, I'll PM you when it's in the post.

Cheers,

Morfa

Back