name plaque

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melinda_dd

Established Member
Reaction score
This is my first post in this section. ... so be gentle!

A friend of mine fell pregnant, and when they found out if it was a boy or girl. .... they immediately commished me to make a name plaque as they new they would never find one.

This is my first go at scroll sawing. I will admit i started it on my small bansaw coz i didnt think the scroll saw i had been given was any good..... i should have started it on the scroll saw as it was so much easier and a better cut.... so im now hooked!!!
Also I didn't do the lettering as they had to be so small I wasn't confident

This is the result.

Attachments

• 20140119_115416.jpg
    20140119_115416.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 932
That's a star spangled effort, very colourful but at the same time subtle and not brash.

If that's your starting position on the learning curve then I expect to see some fine work in the future.

Hi Melinda Welcome to this section great start on scroll saw it will not be long before you can cut the letters your self.

Geoff.

For a first time project that is absolutely brilliant. I can remember my first efforts and they were no where as good as what you have produced. You are obviously a natural born scroller, you have found your niche. Well done.

Great work Melinda, that would stand up as the hundredth attempt let alone the first. =D>

Welcome to the section were we old codgers hang out. :-s

Take care.

Chris R

Excellent work Melinda.
If that's what you can do as a first attempt, then clearly you're a natural. I hope you're success with this piece will inspire you to continue with the craft of scrolling.

Why is your first attempt, better than my twenty first? :(

Lovely job Melinda, and it comes as no surprise that you are instantly hooked, I know I was.

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments. :D

I will indeed carry on scrolling and see how far i can go.... as much as my little ferm400 will let me anyway!

I prefer the look of the segmented pieces rather than the pierced looking pieces so I'll probably stick with those For a while

Melinda_dd":xt33rq9i said:
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments. :D

I will indeed carry on scrolling and see how far i can go.... as much as my little ferm400 will let me anyway!

I prefer the look of the segmented pieces rather than the pierced looking pieces so I'll probably stick with those For a while

Which ever you decide do it ,you are a natural . Please keep the pictures coming .

Back