Nailers - Home use -Best Choice.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No probs Mike.

No my friend, I don't have any of that type rubber matting. What I do have are a dozen of those rubber-grille type door mats, with the hexagonal holes in them. They keep my feet warm, but since my knees got worse, it's a pain (literally) picking them up to shake out shavings etc. I had considered the interlocking rubber mats, but they are going to be in the way when I want to roll machinery around. Hence I want a solid, one level floor. Moving machines around is something I have to do in a single-garage!

Thanks for the link though, because I might still have just a 'patch' in front of the workbench, where I stand a lot of course. :D

Thanks John. Hopefully Roger will be along as well.

In the meantime, have you seen the rubber / felt combi underlays, such as seen here?

They're not going to answer your need but the extra cushioning might be nice to have at additional standing points?

Hi Mike,

Yes, it's decent stuff.

I used to stand on a piece of 18mm WPB (6' x 2' 6") with carpet underlay glued to the underside. That worked well, but I still had to lift it to roll the machines around, although, it was comfy and warm to stand on. Eventually it started to crumble so it went to the Council tip! Try a small piece say 2 x 2 feet. See how you get on. :)

Hi guys
No I dont have it but a Friend does in his garage(converted Stable block )
He has had it about 3 years now and reckons its the only good thing that his ex ever did for him

Ok just phoned him LOL
He drives cars and vans on it daily
He uses all sorts of rolling lifts. toolboxes etc and so far other than getting very dirty and stained ( not the cleanest worker LOL) the rubber has stood up to it well (Think how sharp a horses hoof is )
there are no cuts rips or tears, the rubber is not fixed down in any way
It is quite thick though 18mm and doesnt feel as soft and spongy as you would expect
His is not the interlocking tiles but rather large tiles butted up together.
His ex was given the option to have a diy Bonding kit similiar to this http://www.horsematsplus.co.uk/product/ ... ts_BSDIY12 (his looks like the easy sweep version )But didn't have it done
He has no idea where she got it from as it was fitted when he was at work LOL
I have no idea what it would be like to roll machinery around on it as all my mine is fixed but he doesnt seem to have a problem using engine lifts on it

Hope that helps

Roger

Thanks Roger :)

I was intending on putting extra board down in my new shed but will look at this matting instead.

Back