Mystery tool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried it on a handsaw screw and it fits but feels strange to hold with a small bar in the hole, a friend just sent me this image so this is what it could be for see top Left corner.

image_2021-01-05_150103.png

I took the shilling (well £16.42 signing on bonus) on 12 11 85. My first field army unit after phase 2 had T100s and T11s on Clansman 353z fits and 352s and I slowly modernised from there :LOL:

the crown stamp was defo kings as it was a "straight" curve rather than lumpy, just very old kit. Started off in a FV435 Wavell and then onto FV439s in various guises. Interspersed with stints at Commcen Whitehall, JHQ,~Shape, 7 sigs , 244, Brunei Sig Tp and then later HQ Scotland, 242, 30 and some other stuff
£16.42!!!!! Good gracious! That was six weeks pay for me when I started. I left in 1980 so that's why I didn't recognise your gear. May 65 when I took the shilling - and it was a shilling too😃 Still, musn't borrow the man's thread must we?

this image so this is what it could be for see top Left corner.
It could be but from the usability point of view, it wouldn't be very good. With a tool like that you really need to put pressure from the end to hold it in as you turn, hence the driver in the pic. That makes sense for a saw.

I agree it felt wrong and I was thinking what if your hand slipped the t'other end would dig in your arm, but it fit. Unless someone comes up with a better idea!!!

Latest posts

Back