Quantcast

My version of Gordon's pot thing'y

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

woodyturner

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the name Gordon but I wasn't sure what to call it I made my interpretation from a holly branch well two bits of a branch it is 11" x 3 1/4" this was my second attempt the first one was a Yew log and it split in two and become air born.
Thank you for the idea Gordon it was great fun making it

Attachments

gus3049

Established Member
Reaction score
woodyturner":2b75ef94 said:
Sorry about the name Gordon but I wasn't sure what to call it I made my interpretation from a holly branch well two bits of a branch it is 11" x 3 1/4" this was my second attempt the first one was a Yew log and it split in two and become air born.
I like the all in one wood look, a pretty successful nick I reckon. I did four of them a while ago and they all sold quickly so I may just revisit. I still haven't got the shape of the vase quite as I want it, there is a very subtle curve that will be just right if I ever find it!! The longer top section you have done is getting there.

Whoops, it looks like this yew stuff is dangerous. beautiful wood though and, as I have three whole trees worth of it in the barn, I may have to make one or two things with it. Might take care.

woodyturner

Established Member
Reaction score
gus3049":12p2ubj0 said:
woodyturner":12p2ubj0 said:
I like the all in one wood look, a pretty successful nick I reckon. I did four of them a while ago and they all sold quickly so I may just revisit. I still haven't got the shape of the vase quite as I want it, there is a very subtle curve that will be just right if I ever find it!! The longer top section you have done is getting there.

Whoops, it looks like this yew stuff is dangerous. beautiful wood though and, as I have three whole trees worth of it in the barn, I may have to make one or two things with it. Might take care.
I have quite a bit of Yew as well but the rest of it is to big for one of these with a natural edge but I found a 6ft long trunk that has been lying around for a few years from a young holly tree so I may do some more I think they are great fun to turn thanks again

boysie39

Established Member
Reaction score
Lovely piece Woody ,looks very elegant and lovely finish. You say you had trouble putting a name to it .
I would suggest you call it a THING'Y 8) 8)