my take on folding outfeed table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trojan62

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all,
this is my version of the folding outfeed table that seems to be doing the rounds at the moment, originally from an article in a 2009 woodworkers journal, which was a really good build.
the journal one featured a sliding dovetail design for the brace leg which was very clever, i was going to do this, but thought id try and make it less complicated.
as you can see in the pictures the bottom of the brace leg swivels on a rail that is fixed to the cabinet and the top just rests inside a stop under the outfeed table, the leg has brackets in the middle that helps it fold back to the cabinet.
when extended there is a door bolt that slides across one part to the other to keep the leg locked.
when folded back down to the cabinet, another door bolt secures the leg against the cabinet so when you raise the outfeed table, the leg doesnt just fall down.
the actual table top is part of my old toilet door and the leg assembly is made from pine from an old bed. this costs me £0, and works really well. i also made the table saw cabinet stand that is on locking wheels for manouverability.
hope it inspires others to have a go.

cheers.

chris m........

Attachments

• IMG_0010 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0010 (Small).JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 889
  • IMG_0011 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0011 (Small).JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 889
  • IMG_0009 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0009 (Small).JPG