My single garage workshop- lots of pics!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rknott2007

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a great big clear out in the garage this weekend and tidy up, I also treated myself to some new tools, sliding carriage, overhead saw guard, and a makita lithium-ion drill. So I thought I'd take the opportunity to post some pics of my garage whilst its tidy.

DSC00118.jpg

DSC00138.jpg

DSC00137-1.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

My router table is bolted to the rear of my table saw, which allows me to use it as an outfeed table and i can use the sliding carriage with it for tenons etc.
The fence sits on brackets to the side

DSC00122.jpg

I use a bosch router with the quicklift router plate, which leaves me the bases for other applications.

DSC00120.jpg

DSC00124.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

Heres my hanging tool cupboard i've started in cherry and maple, need to make some holders for my handsaws and chisels next and some small drawers in the bottom.

DSC00121.jpg

DSC00132.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

DSC00130.jpg

DSC00134.jpg

Dust extractor is plumbed in using the axminster 2 1/2 inch system, the whole system is turned on with a remote control switch.

I would like a bandsaw and drill press, but i'm not sure how it will fit in, so a drill stand and jigsaw will have to do for now.

Cheers
Rob

no its a homemade jobbie, 25mm birch ply, laminated both sides with acrylic sheet, its strong, comes in any colour you like and its cheap, £3 for a sheet 900x1200.

Thanks for the pics Rob. But before you get that Bandsaw or Drill press, it's time for a new camera ;) :lol:

How are you getting on with the overhead TS guard? I quite fancy one of those.

Nice workshop, I like your TS setup. How's the axminster extractor? I was thinking about one of these recently.

I hope you have decent security, a thief could have a field day with your planes, routers, drills etc..

the guard arrived this morning, but it had a missing part! the lower leg part, so its supporting itself at the minute, should be here in the morning so I can get to work with it when i get back from work.

The extractor is great, powerful, bit noisy, i would like to put it outside the garage in a shed, but it then would not be insured :(

Yeah sorry about the pics, my data transfer cable is broken on my camera so these were taken on 3.2mega pixel phone.

I had a look at that side for the acrylic as I need to make a new router-top soon, and the only sheets they do are £9.00 are these the ones you used? Or am I looking at the wrong ones?

Always nice to see other peoples workshops.

I would second Wizers suggestion of a new camera and add my own suggestions of a large tin of white paint for the walls! :)

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Ed

I completely missed the Jet P/T on my first look. How do you find it? I have sung it's praises here somewhat.

Wizer, the p/t, i think its a great piece of kit, had a problem levelling the tables up, but i found the adjuster bolts weren't top notch so i replaced them and seemed to fix it, i brought the digital scale for it now it is accurate to 1/10thmm when thicknessing. All in all i like it alot.

the Jet brand digital height display? I considered that, have y got a close up pic of it?

Not a bad little space you've got there - but, how big is it?

Since you've got a good table saw already, I don't think you'll need anything bigger than a medium sized bandsaw (14"). If it's only for cutting curves then you could probably buy one of the tiny bench top models and leave it on a bench somewhere.

Same with a pillar drill, that doesn't have to be huge either. I think you'd be surprised by how much use a pillar drill would get - they make light work of large, deep holes with forstner bits. :wink: Jigsaws simply don't compare to bandsaws in my book, either. :)

I see lots of tools but, where do you store your timber???

Rob

I was interested in your comments on levelling the tables on your Jet P/T as I have had a similar experience and concluded, like you, that the problem lay with the levelling bolts. I am contemplating replacing them with M8 socket head cap screws. What did you use?

Richard

Richard, yes i used m8 socket heads, with an m8 nut to lock it all off, same as what was on the machine, but larger, given me more adjustment, now it works jus as it shouyld, and this is from someone who uses a martin planer at work!

Its your basic single garage 3m x 5m I got alot of input from an old tools ansd shops edition of fine woodworking which i gained alot of good tips from.

Aha OPJ timber storage I keep it all locked up in my shed to the back of the garage with the lawn mower :D , its a big pile of cherry, maple, oak, tulip, mahogany, and a little bit of iroko, collected over the years when it was goin spare at work, I would post a pic but not sure how it'll turn out as there is no light in there, and it might make a few members drool :wink:
Thanks for your advice on the bandsaw and pillar drill might be making some more purchases soon, but then i have just ordered a festool sander, i really should stop spending my bonus on tools, and i really should stop gloating :lol:

Cheers Rob

Latest posts

Back