my next attempt (chisel handle & oops completed)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

head clansman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

after my first attempt. https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/oops-t40393.html

finished setting up the lathe today when the new rubber feet arrived which are self adhesive . After my little oops i decided it was through picking up the wrong turning chisel , so decided to put a few away for now till i learn a bit more first. Most of the scrapper chisel i have are quite big from the two shown in the pics i decided to reshape one into a small scrapper chisel and turn up two better handle for them as these had home made handles which were not brilliantely finished as can be seen in the pics .

Hunted round till i relised i had stashed away above my head some old curtain poles they could have been a bit bigger in circumfertence but never mind the first of the two handles has turned out not to bad at all see pics. any comments welcome .

first pic show from left short length of pole before turning The new handle when finished in the middle the pattern which i copied from and on the righ the two chisel which are to have the new handles fitted . the second pic showing pattern and new handle .

PDR_2458.jpg

PDR_2459.jpg

It'll do the job nicely, nothing like the satisfaction of achieving a personal target and even more so when you end up with something that's going to be useful for some time to come.

hi

thanks , it's always nice to get that satisfaction feeling , that the first of the two handles, if i get time tomorrow turn up the second handle then see what time i have left after that an take a second go at the little oops. hc :lol:

Hi Martin,
As has been said, nice job! Hope you have got some "job satisfaction" out of that one.

Malc :D

P.S glad to see I am not the only one who has those "oops" moments!

hi malc

yes i did indeed , but not just from the turning point of view also from the fact that i got to save a couple of older chisel as well and bring them back to life, and i get to learn from them as i'm doing them up, all sort of ideas has sprung to mind today for future chisel designs for other turnings that i have in mind . hc :lol: :wink:

hi

well here the second chisel handle all done and the little oops finished as well,still need to stain the plane handle and glue bolt into handle then it completed , both the chisel handles turn up nice as seen in pics with the tangs now fitted .

PDR_2461.jpg

PDR_2460.jpg

PDR_2466.jpg

PDR_2462.jpg

hc . :lol: :wink:

Latest posts

Back