My newly built space saving thicknesser cabinet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aideym

Established Member
Reaction score
It isn't the finest piece on here but I am proud of it.
I was gifted this thicknesser, it was a bit broken at the time. One of the bevel gears was stripped and this stopped it adjusting. I bought some replacement gears off fleabay and attached them. Once it was rebuilt it was slightly out of alignment but following advice on here it is now just about bloomin perfect.

The next thing was that in a 13 x 7 workshop, this was taking up available and desperately needed space. I saw this design in a magazine and on other websites and decided it would be ideal for the job, so here is it my flip over thicknesser cabinet.

BUie2aCCQAAhR-h.jpg:large

BUifCkLCMAARBjV.jpg:large

Great job - I think functionality trumps the presentation when it comes to these workshop aids and it looks like it will serve you well. Will you put something on the other surface like a belt / disc sander?

Thank you. It is built to fit under the workbench, so I won't be permanently attaching anything but I am going to put 4 dog holes in the top to temporarily mount thinks like my bench grinder and belt sander. I am going to make a router table to go under the bench after I get paid. I have knocked up a design that elevates to a decent height based on a folding caravan lift system

hi i also need the bevel gears can you remember the size / part number / site you got them from

cheers

stewart

Good idea - I like the concept of disappearing tools in a small workshop! I opted to mount my thicknesser on a folding mitre saw stand so that I can set it up outside and use the infeed/outfeed supports for longer pieces.

Back