My New HiFi Unit Installed :)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Nibbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Well we started at 8 o'clock this morning and at 2 o'clock it was all done and dusted. :lol:

So we have gone from this

262326741_1f5c1efbc7.jpg

To this

364575316_fd3dde6f63_o.jpg

364575307_070c6ff9dc_o.jpg

The left hand draw holds various artist the righthand is solely for my Chris Rea Collection (sad or what?)

364575325_1bac287ab0.jpg

Tomorrow the old steel & glass unit will be cleaned polished and put up for sale on ebay. It is a very high quality build made by a firm called Apollo and is modular so if anyone would like it, make me an offer. It cost over £800 but I'll be happy if I get £100 let me know if your interested. :D

In conclusion of this project I have to say, If I were to build it again I wouldn't make it quite so heavy just to get in the house I had to buy a sack truck similar to this one

DR_68854_n.jpg

Anyway i'm off for a shower :lol:

Swmbo just asked when will the matching TV unit be done? ](*,) #-o [-o<

Oooh i like that, the wood is just so much better than all that metal and glass.

Same speakers that i used to have (mission 733), sold em on the bay after having them for about 5 years and got over £500 couldn't believe my luck.

Tom

Astonishing! Did you really start it this morning and finish it in one day? I find that just incredible! It is beautiful Lord Nibbo, I really like it. Oh and what is so sad with Chris Rea? My favourite too, it beats some of the so called 'music' of today maybe it's my age. :wink:

It's your age,Alan... :lol:
I like Chris Rea as well - a Middlesbrough lad who's done well for himself (and therefore moved from Middlesbrough :wink: )
My brother likes him as well,reckons "Whatever happend to Benny Santini" was his best album.
And LN - excellent job,lovely piece of furniture :D

Andrew

mailee":qjxd7z1b said:
Astonishing! Did you really start it this morning and finish it in one day? I find that just incredible! :

he`s saying thats how long it took him to get it in the house and set up m8 ;)

mailee":3tzc1p58 said:
Astonishing! Did you really start it this morning and finish it in one day? I find that just incredible! It is beautiful Lord Nibbo, I really like it. Oh and what is so sad with Chris Rea? My favourite too, it beats some of the so called 'music' of today maybe it's my age. :wink:

Slightly off topic, but it's my thread so, The Chris Rea thing don't stop with just cd's though. I've got near 800 titles on vinyl, tape and cd's. I've got nine versions of Auberge (same recording) but all released in different countries in different wrappers (now that is sad) Seen him live several times at Wembley Arena, the NEC, and his final tour last year in Plymouth. It was at that last concert, both me and swmbo thought how old the audience looked (not me and swmbo of course) You just don't realise time moves on :cry: Anyway that last concert was just shear magic, it took us all next day to calm down and get back to reality. If the record collection isn't enough, we've got a collection of eight prints around the house (9 one print repeated) very pic signed by Chris, the pics were a limited edition all painted by Franco Vasconi and every picture features "Ferraries" and were inspired when Chris made the film "La Passione" the film was rubbish but Chris rocks man. :lol:

Wow, that's a stunning piece of furniture. I'm also impressed by the speed you seem to work at being the last WIP pics were mid December.

Looks like they'll be a few CDs on ebay soon as well since the drawers full :wink:

Ted

very inspiring, I could really do with a bit of hifi camouflage too.

Did you look into IR repeaters - a tiny "eye" on the outside of the cabinets that relays IR signals to stuff inside them. Means you can keep the doors closed but still use everything. A lot of the home automation sites (letsautomate.co.uk, etc.) sell them but they seem expensive.
Darren

Nice bit of work there. Looks really good.

Can you give an idea on what wood you used and the finish/es?

Thanks.

ByronBlack":142v7zdn said:
Classy bit of furniture - good job!! Whats that black think on top of the left-handside with a round-bit in it??
Those who have one know what quality is when they hear it. Same goes for monoblock valve amps that swmbo took a liking to, but at £7000 back in 1998 seemed a bit steep and in the end we settled on Audiolab for the whole system except that black thingy. :wink:

Back