My latest effort

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks nice, Mailee.

By the way, if you need any more of those metal folding supports I see in your photo, Lidl will be having them in again from Thursday 29 June at £3.99 each. I'll be getting two more for myself :wink:

Paul

Very nice,Alan - any work-in-progress pictures ? (Particularly the drawer fronts - are they just solid timber routed out ?)

Andrew

Yes Powertool they are just solid timber routed out.
They were made out of two pieces joined together with a glue joint on the router like this:
1xdrawerfrontsreadyforassemby4.jpg

And then I made a couple of jigs to cut the profile into them all like this:
1zcuttingdrawerfronts7bv.jpg

Please excuse the mess in the shop, I am a messy worker I have to admit. I do have a big cleanup afterwards though. :oops:

Oh sorry Dave L, I have almost finished the wardrobes and should be installing them next weekend. In the background you will see a one of the top doors for them. I just have the top cornice to rout and a couple of shelves to cut out and then it is on site to install everything. This job has taken much longer than first thought and I have a gate job waiting for me next. Then I am going to take a break of sorts so i can make a few things for SWMBO that are long overdue. :roll:

Nice job - got to make something similar for my daughter soon when she comes home from Uni next week. Have got her bedroom decorated but she hasn't got anywhere for all her stuff, except a couple of underbed units that I knocked up a couple of weeks ago. To get it together fairly smartly, I intend to use the glued pine boards that Homebase sell, but I'm not sure what its like to work with. Mightily chuffed for her tho' as she got a 2/1 in archeology and a job in all in the same day - Rob

Hi Woodbloke, Thanks for the comments. I have used those pine boards that Wickes sell and have to admit they are nice to use although a little on the expensive side. If I remember correctly they also have rounded ends although i ended up cutting most of these off anyway. Still it saves a lot of time with glue ups on the panels, especially like me if you are short on Sash Cramps.

Oh and by the way does your daughter know that an Archaeologist sees there life in ruins. :lol: I'll bet you are a proud man though. :wink:

Mailee,
Nice piece. Is there a reason for the unusual arrangement on the top ie the two small drawers on the left?

Andy

I wrote:

got to make something similar for my daughter soon when she comes home from Uni next week.

Have now started these units (chest of drawers and bedside cabinet), using laminated pine board from B&Q, will post some WiP and final pics later - Rob

WOW Mailee,exellent work,congratulation!
so much hat,this is an idea for me,I hope you don't have copyright.
me too will do in my children's bedroom.

regard Mailee
from Carmine ,an italian whit lot children.

Thanks for the comments guys. No probelm Carmine I dont' have any copyrights on it. I feel flattered you want to copy it thanks. :oops: AT the moment I am in the midst of fitting the wardrobe together, should finish it tomorrow. :D

Back