My first infill plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ydb1md

Established Member
Reaction score
I received my first infill plane today. It came all the way from Australia. Below the picture of mine is a pic of a premo-version that's for sale in the U.K.

My goal is to rehab mine to a similar condition.

infill2.jpg

pl544.view02.jpg

I'm gonna find a better host for my pics. Sorry for the disappearing pics guys.

Dave
I can see them! :D
Nice looking plane - I see the infill can be removed?
Have you used it in anger yet?
Cheers
Philly :D

:lol:

Haven't used it in anger yet. Here's a link to my infill album. There are a bunch more pics in there.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ydb1md/Infill

I'm debating on what sort of wood to use for the infills. I have a chunk of rosewood that might be big enough to do the front handle as well as the rear infill. Or, I've also got a nice piece of cocobolo that would definitely get 'er done. Personally, I'm leaning towards the cocobolo.

I need to repair the back of the casting as there's a crack from someone wailing away trying to loosen the blade sometime in the past. I need to talk to some people that can educate me on what I should do to fix the crack. I'm tempted to try to bend the bent sections back into place and braze them together. My concern is cracking something through the bending or brazing process.

I'll post a pic of the crack with the rest of the pics.

cheers,

Back