My first ever little projects!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creampuff

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Thought i'd take a little time and post some pics of my very first ever projects...

So here goes (try not to laugh :lol: )

Heres a little hand carved Cherry number sign...

img001.jpg

And then I was asked to build my sis a bird table, so with a little hesitation, I thought... Why the hell not...

img021.jpg

And last but not least is a top myself and a friend made for a lovely liitle cast iron table he had lying around...

img022.jpg

This is the wood we used, which was reclaimed from a School that was demolished a couple of years ago...

img025.jpg

img024.jpg

And here it is before the finnish goes on.

img026.jpg

Be kind :lol:

Regards

Andy

Andy,

The carving looks good, well done. 8)

That bird table looks like it could with stand a dodo sitting on top of it, does your sis gets lots of big birds in the garden? :wink:

Very nice job on the reclaimed timber table top, what finish did you use, is it used in doors or outside? :-k

They are the best type of projects to get started with - they don't take too long, don't cost too much in timber and have an appreciative recipient!

Grinding One":1cbgxzpw said:
Looks good to me!!

Me too 8) , my bird table is bigger than that i think Dave.
I get collared doves every day on it and it needs to be
bigger than the type you see for sale in shops. :)

DaveL":2uw23zvk said:
Andy,

The carving looks good, well done. 8)

That bird table looks like it could with stand a dodo sitting on top of it, does your sis gets lots of big birds in the garden? :wink:

Very nice job on the reclaimed timber table top, what finish did you use, is it used in doors or outside? :-k

The bird table stands up nicely to squirrels, doves, pigeons, and cats trying to eat all the above :wink: . I suppose it didn't have to be as strong as it is, but what can I say... I like it chunky :D

As for the table top, its Sapele, and will be used out doors, so not 100% on how I'm going to finnish it yet, I'll browse the forums and get some ideas :wink:

Thanks for all the nice comments guys.

Regards

Andy

Oh dear Andy! Your's isn't a slope mate, it's a precipice! Not only are you hooked you are gonna be top of the family and friends tree for 'knocking up quick jobs'!
Very nice though.

Roy.

PowerTool":3058gro2 said:
Nice work,particularly impressed with the quality of the carving :D

Andrew

:lol: you should see the first atempt :wink:

Regards

Andy

Latest posts

Back