my drinks cabinet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stef, that's a very clever piece, and it came out well done.

I will have to tell you though, not being a wine or hard liquor guy, I kept looking for the beer tap.:)

Kirk

cheers !
i had thought of fitting a beer pump.. but i was running out of space, and oak.
plus, you would then need to hook cabinet to the mains. and it could get messy. I might do a dedicated beer cabinet sometime.

Blister":2i0bogr8 said:
Pvt_Ryan":2i0bogr8 said:
That is wonderful... I want one now..

OK deal , you have the cabinet and I have the contents :lol:

Lovely work , I like it very much :p

This is about the only occasion that I will say "I think I am getting the better end of this deal" and I am not the one getting the drink..

Stef what was the cost of materials (if you don't mind my asking) & how long has it taken you to build so far?

well, cost was small, since it was mostly made from reclaimed oak (I salvaged a good 20 plates from a barn, all for 70euros. and out of this, i made a dinning table, a desk, and this cabinet)
the most expensive bits were the hinges..
overall, maybe 80 euros ( £60)
as for time.. i started planing in december, started building in april or march, and jsut finished..
but i am nowhere near full time.

question

is the front flap fully horizontal??

I would suggest you put a piece of mirror in the front flap so you can use it to put the glasses on it whilst you poor your drinks

Very nice job =D>

cheers.
Yes, the front flap is horizontal (more or less) enough to use as a pouring area, which is what i use it for.
it is currently finished in an alcohol resisting varnish, but the mirror is a good idea.
I am also thinking about installing some special "hooks" on the front flap, so that i could secure my big service tray on the front flap, without the chance of it falling off.
I can then prepare the drink on the service tray, and off i go !

Back