Multico Planer Re Power

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potheen

Reaction score
All

Having got the Planer back to the workshop all bodes well, but... My Clarke Phase convertor which is happy running my Wadkin AGS and BRA saws fails to get the Multico up to speed. The motor un-loaded runs fine, but belted up the block does about 100 RPM and then trips out the Phase Convertor. The Convertor shows 30amps on the meter, what this means as it is connected via 13 amp plug and fuse I don't know.

Has anyone experienced similar problems with Phase Convertor or indeed re-motered a Multico L3 planer, perhaps with a single phase motor.

Thanks all in advance for your endless advice, all advice gratefully received.

Potheen

It sounds to me like your phase converter isnt big enough have a look at the motor kw rating you need roughly a third extra from you phase converter to overcome the start up current of the motor. (usually when its a lack of supplied power the contactor will stutter)

But it could also be a motor or wiring fault If you have a multimeter check that you have all three phases both before and after the contactor it may be worth disconecting the motor from the contactor to avoid any posible damage when you do this (if your not sure get somone who is its not worth the risk to your health)

Back