Multico dust and chip extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joesoap

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello to all. New user and new topic , I look forward to sharing your company and some pleasant and maybe not so pleasant ideas /opinions. Question; I have been offered a Multico Dust & chip extractor and know practically nothing about them other than that I'm sure I will need one for my wee 12 x 6 shed. Details and spec to any willing advisor are right here so hopefully I can be enlightened. Cheers !

Welcome Joe.

I don't know the answer to your question but there are plenty of people on here who probably will.

Little Ern":1kisy0o3 said:
Welcome Joe.

I don't know the answer to your question but there are plenty of people on here who probably will.
Aye Aye Ern Contiplas and poly filla. your showing your class now eh !Joesoap.

Does it look like this one?

44337_1_f.jpg

There's basically two different kinds of dust/chip collectors... There's the ones like that multico one, which are a big centrifugal fan - They shift a lot of air, but at low pressure - They're great for machines that produce a lot of dust in random directions.. Lathes, Table Saws, Mitre Saws etc...

The other kind of dust extractor usually comes in an oil-drum style container and works much more like a conventional household vacuum cleaner... They don't shift such a volume of air, but thanks to the multi-stage turbine assembly, they do it at a lot higher pressure (and noise) - These vacuum-cleaner style extractors are great for tools with a smaller dust extraction port such as sanders, jigsaws, handheld circular saws, etc etc..

Personally, I've got a vacuum-cleaner-style chip collector (Record Power RSDE1) which is just about sufficient for my small machines as long as I keep the filters clean and fresh. It sure is noisy.

You'll find that Multico unit takes up a fair bit of space - You might want to think about building an extension to your shed to house it.

Welcome Joesoap,

Try a search for dust extraction on the forum, you'll find a shed load (no pun intended) of info on the subject :)

This type of extractor are known in the trade as dust circulators, the're good at collecting chippings from planers etc, but blow the very fine dust through the mesh of the bag back into the workshop.

Fecn":3t0qqp16 said:
Does it look like this one?
Hi Fecn your spot on. Yes I am intending to 'house ' it outside the shed ,that's if it's not too big and cumbersome for my needs. I have actually bought it now but even if I decide to swop / sell it so be it. Whatever I do want to see it up and running . Would I be right to say that the power of the motors would vary and that perhaps this one may be either way of my ideal needs. Would the spec of motor and model be of use to you or what? I'm chuffed to see the very model on here and thank you for that. Is there some where I could see the whole caboodle to complete the job. I only have what is in that pic. Cheers and please get back to me.
44337_1_f.jpg

There's basically two different kinds of dust/chip collectors... There's the ones like that multico one, which are a big centrifugal fan - They shift a lot of air, but at low pressure - They're great for machines that produce a lot of dust in random directions.. Lathes, Table Saws, Mitre Saws etc...

The other kind of dust extractor usually comes in an oil-drum style container and works much more like a conventional household vacuum cleaner... They don't shift such a volume of air, but thanks to the multi-stage turbine assembly, they do it at a lot higher pressure (and noise) - These vacuum-cleaner style extractors are great for tools with a smaller dust extraction port such as sanders, jigsaws, handheld circular saws, etc etc..

Personally, I've got a vacuum-cleaner-style chip collector (Record Power RSDE1) which is just about sufficient for my small machines as long as I keep the filters clean and fresh. It sure is noisy.

You'll find that Multico unit takes up a fair bit of space - You might want to think about building an extension to your shed to house it.

FelderMan":1o36dr4w said:
Welcome Joesoap,
Thanks for that Felderman I will certainly do a search. Fecn has hit it right away but I want as much gen on it before I set it up and also the other parts. Cheers !
Try a search for dust extraction on the forum, you'll find a shed load (no pun intended) of info on the subject :)

This type of extractor are known in the trade as dust circulators, the're good at collecting chippings from planers etc, but blow the very fine dust through the mesh of the bag back into the workshop.

Newbie_Neil":3o6jgg7o said:
Hi Joe

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers
Neil
Thanks for the welcome Neil seems I've come to the right place ,impressed with the quick result for the old extractor ,great start and fixin to stay. Cheers !

joesoap":3cf4vwbo said:
FelderMan":3cf4vwbo said:
Welcome Joesoap,
Thanks for that Felderman I will certainly do a search. Fecn has hit it right away but I want as much gen on it before I set it up and also the other parts. Cheers !

Hi Felderman
Tried a search on here but no joy , Thinks I did'nt search right as just nothing but back to my first question I'll try again now that I've had some kip and am nearly alive again. Cheers !

joesoap":20g1xxam said:
Little Ern":20g1xxam said:
Welcome Joe.

Aye Aye Ern Contiplas and poly filla. your showing your class now eh !Joesoap.

Not as bad as it sounds Joe.

I only used half a packet of pollyfilla and I'm saving the remainder for future projects. :D

Now that was some seminar on the old extraction topic and every aspect covered and much questioned by well experienced hands on users. For myself I'm inclined go along with the mask idea as well as the multico which I'll need time to get set up. Mind you my budget won't stretch to the Trend latest shield so now it's on the lookout for second best........again. Thanks for the link and best of luck with your joints. Cheers !

Back