Multico CPT planer thicknesser Wiring diagram.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cegidfa":3gpr1me0 said:
Hello Kirk,

Stop being so mean :shock: :D Give that poor mortiser a birthday treat and invest in a new contactor.
It was already a pensioner when you acquired it. :lol: :lol:

Regards to each...Dick.

Now Dick, would you take something that's 60 years old or so and just throw it away without at least giving it the once over?:) This is a classic American made Allen Bradley NEMA starter, not some wussy Euro-Asian IEC POS contactor that needs to be changed out every three years because the copper-plated plastique is melting. :)

While you were gone, the coil stopped latching, so I pulled it out of the starter, blew it out, and it's running fine--for the moment. Took about 15 minutes to diagnose & fix. Cleaning the contacts will take about an hour, which I didn't have that day.

Kirk

Hi Kirk,

I stand humbly corrected. :oops: :wink:

Allen Bradley were some of the earliest contactors that I worked on.
They were true to the American philosophy - built like a tank.
So carry on polishing the contacts for many more years :) :) They can take it.

Regards...Dick.

Hello Dick,

Glad you had a nice break away.

The Multico is still behaving itself and after setting up the rollers and making a knife setting jig with magnets the finish is now like glass - well chuffed.

Cheers, Merlin

Hello Merlin,

I'm glad that 'Mr M' is holding up. Could you put up a picture, so that I can see what we have been investigating?

Regards...Dick.

Hello Dick,

Here are a few pickies of 'Mr M' complete with the little cream box of fun on the side!

Just in case any body is interested the base is made of 25mm Wisa ply and timber off cuts, the only thing I had to buy were the castors at about £25.00 from Atlas handling (ebay)

Cheers, Merlin

Attachments

• IMG_0448.JPG
    IMG_0448.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0449.JPG
    IMG_0449.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 18
Back