motor advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallace

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have come across a lovely 3phase old motor that may be suitable for my sagar saw bench. The problem is its 6hp which equates to 4.47kw. My static converter is rated at 5.5kw with a maximum single motor of 4kw. Would it be a definite no go to run it on my coverter.
thanks Mark

In your position, I'd be tempted to use the guts of your static converter to make a rotary converter and then I feel you would have a reasonable chance of running that 6hp beastie.
It depends on your electrical confidence as to whether this would be viable for you.

If you could win this for sensible money http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120870295834? ... 1555.l2649 then you could run most things!!

Bob

Hi Bob, thanks for that. I wouldn't feel comfortable takeing my converter to bits, I have an O level in physics but thats it. :oops: What is involved in makeing a rotary out of my static. I like things I can see. Not like this wizard electrickery. Have you seen my post about the sawbench restoration in the project section. It still has the original switch and I was wondering if I could use it still. What do you think?
A big rotary converter would be ideal but they go for decent money usually.

Mark

A rotary converter is essentially a static one with a motor attached - some changes to component values and switches but that is about all.

I'll have a look at your other thread now but if you want specific help anytime, the best way is to PM me just in case I dont see a thread.

Bob

Latest posts

Back