morse taper

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
i have a record power live centre and a steb centre both in 1MT. They both fitted in a lathe with a 1MT head and tail stock, so no issues there. http://www.recordpower.co.uk/product/he ... orse-taper (i think)

I now have a 2MT lathe, so look the live centre to Cromwell tools. They tried one of these:

-fully-hardened-and-ground-bnip-/111295038824?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item19e9b38568

but the live centre is too loose to fit. The base of the bearing holding bit on the live centre touched the end and the taper part didnt touch the internal sides of the sleeve.

Could somebody post a link to what I need to use these bits in my new lathe?

maybe it was the tang that was stopping it. i was rushing a bit and since cromwell said that what he showed me was all that they had, and I saw it rattling around I didnt look much further. It looked like the live centre wanted to meet at about half way down the sleeve, but the fact that it fitted the old lathe proves that it is not an obscure size.

The open type should work.

I dont think that there were flats on the sleeve. I didnt look, but no similar looking ones have mentioned it.

The open sleeves arrived today so I have managed to convert a live centre and a steb drive centre from paperweights to usable for a tenner. Just the job- thanks all.

Latest posts

Back