More Pens and things

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveL

Established Member
Reaction score
I never know what to get my mum for mothers day, but this year it was quite easy. :) I had taken a bit of African tulip wood round that I turned in to a light pull, just to see what it worked like and mum commented that she liked it, so.......
3404657879_bfb84fde01.jpg

I made her a pen and pencil set.
I also made another fountain pen for the LOML, this is African black wood.
3405472608_43e45b5567.jpg

3404661243_4483f76fd0.jpg

The finish you can get on this timber is magic.
Then a request for some pen&pencil sets from Joe (large son who drives the barbeque at bashes)
3404663581_ea5bba8f4a.jpg

They are she oak, purple heart and walnut.
My BIL had a birthday and so I turned this wine keeper for him.
3405475008_8151b52bea.jpg

That is ebony.

Its mums birthday next week, still got to come up with something for that. :-k

Great set of little projects Dave, presentation puts the finishing touches to them as well.

Hi Dave,
You've certainly been busy with all those lovely pens as presents, I'm sure all the recipients will be delighted with your efforts.
I see I am now on rogues gallery, I did wonder how you got there??
Now I know,
Best regards
Ian

What lovely and personal presents :D
Pens look excellent - I prefer the parallel shape,and you've used some beautiful timbers.

Andrew

well dave, i aint saying any different too. they are great looking sets. well done mate. your bottle stopper is also great, i made one yesterday too :lol: but ebony has a tendency to crack :( and i hope it does not.
you've done a fantastic job on all.

it looks like someones caught the pen bug :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some nice bits there Dave, and some nice timbers. I've watched your photos since you began turning and your coming on by leaps and bounds. Well done.

Thanks for the compliments, yes I love getting the big smiles when the boxes are opened, well worth buying them just for that. The best bit is its such an enjoyable process making the presents in the first place.

I am pleased you introduced me to The Slope TM of the spinney thing, even if the bank balance has suffered.

Latest posts

Back