More Christmas ornaments

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bodgerbaz

Established Member
Reaction score
Just finished two more Christmas presents for family and friends.

Both are Sue Mey designs and are approximately A4 (10" x 8") in size. I stack-cut each pattern with four pieces of 3mm ply and have managed to pinch one of each for us (hello 2, goodbye 6!!) before they get allocated to family and friends. I used some Olson #5 reverse tooth blades and the 'White Christmas' pattern took me about 4 hours to cut.
elf tree.jpg

white christmas tree.jpg

Attachments

• elf tree.jpg
    elf tree.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 810
  • white christmas tree.jpg
    white christmas tree.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 810
Love them both! do you have to do loads of sanding on the edges after cutting such fiddly lettering? I have used my Sand-Flee mop on my basic chunky lettering but think it would be too rough for fine work?

Thank you.

Yes, I'm afraid there is quite a bit of sanding to do. It has to be done very carefully coz its pretty delicate and the last thing you want is to snap off part of a letter. I used some very fine grey sandpaper (sorry, don't know the grade) but its a bit like a wet-'n-dry paper.

It would have probably been OK with just 1 x 3mm thickness of ply as the reverse teeth should have taken off most of the 'fuzzies'. It was a no-brainer to choose between four versions and a bit of sanding or one version and just a little sanding.

I have to say that 'in the flesh' they look even better than the picture and I will be cutting more . . . . but not this year ;-)

Barry

Back