Underneath the arches

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
technium":7vd0i13z said:
Aggrajag":7vd0i13z said:
You'll need to login to eBay, UK or otherwise.

Logged in and get this error

Sorry , but you are involved either as buyers or as sellers in this transaction . Only the buyer or seller can access this page .

thanks

Colin

You can get a set of 120 arches 410mm wide (A3) here http://www.ebay.de/itm/120-verschiedene ... 0670895126

Or a set of 120 arches 280mm wide (A4) here http://www.ebay.de/itm/120-verschiedene ... 0670894565

The patterns are as follows (the highlighted ones are in my original posting) :-

Knieende miners with shaft tool and firs
Miners with swords crest, hammers, fir, chandeliers and Schnitzer and Klöpplerin
Miners with Saxon swords crest and crossed hammers
Miners with crossed hammers and arms with church and Schnitzer and Klöpplerin
Waldhaus at Christmas time with animals of the forest
Angel holding candles with spanning trees and rocking horse
Animals in the forest with trees and manger
Miners with pyramid and Railway
Holy Family with animals and shepherd
Church with forest and leaping deer and angel
Wild to a manger in the forest
Animals at the manger in the forest
Hunter in forest
Animals with feeding site in the forest
Rest in the forest
Moon rising in the forest
Rut cry in the forest
Hiker in forest
Bruno, the bear
On the prowl at midnight
Cinderella
little brother and little sister
The Wolf and the Seven Young Kids
sleeping Beauty
Mother Hulda
Hans in hapiness
Hansel and Gretel
Little Red Riding Hood
snow white
Wishing Table
Foraging in the forest
Jumping deer
Stags at Forsthaus
Battle of deer
Resting under the moonlight
Idyll at the charcoal kiln
Holy Three Kings
Nativity
Santa Claus is coming
Engelreigen in forest
Waiting at the rack
Before rutting fight
Wild herd in forest
Bambi in the conservation
Futterraufe in a clearing
Holy Night in Bethlehem
Sleigh ride in the forest
Mine in the forest
Wooden wagons in Forestry
Church in the forest
Deer graze in
battue
Forest animals
Deer before Hochstand
Holy Family with Shepherds
Christmas joy
Miners in the shaft
Seiffen church
Walkabout
Windbruch Forest
Gamekeeper and deer
Winter sports in the mountains
Christmas baking
Santa with reindeers
Star over Bethlehem
In the Holy Family
Deer in a clearing
Deer Hunting
Halali after the hunt
Wildfutterung
Wild in the undergrowth
Christmas market at the Frauenkirche
Ice dancers on the lake
So much secrecy
Santa Claus at feeding
Shepherds at the Holy Family
Deer in the deciduous forest
deer hunting
Poachers in the forest
Wildlife at the Heukrippe
Kids on the Christmas market
Children in winter
mess
Santa Claus in the approach
Christ is born
Arriving at the Christkind
Walker observed deer
Lumberjacks while sawing
Gossip in the forest
Waldruhe at dusk
Hirsch at the manger
At the christmas market
Grandchildren with their grandmother
Ski carnival
Santa Claus with animals
On the way to Bethlehem
Deer in Hochwald
Hunter at high status
Mushroom pickers in the forest
Rehfamilie before the village
winter pleasures
Church at Christmas Eve
Life in the village
Praying the Christkind
Angelic choir over Bethlehem
Rival of the forest
Encounter in the forest
Köhler and herbalist
Railway viaduct over the forest
Santa Claus before Waldkirche
Deer in moonlight
love of animals
The star shows the way
Resting deer family
Hunting in the Forest
To build a snowman
Deer at Heuraufe
Feierabend in the shaft
Working in the forest

Aggrajag":1ecob9gk said:
Cheers for all this info Baz, you are a star.

Here's the lights I used, or similar, you can order different LED size and warmth/colour from various sellers, I also found ones with the jack plug connector so I could add an AC power adaptor to them and do away with batteries.

Remember the strips can be cut to any length in multiples of 3 LEDs - you just need to solder two connections to the flexible circuit board/strip wherever you did the previous cut, you don't need to do anything at the other end of the length.

edited to add the link on I forgot!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5M-5050-SMD-3 ... SwARZXo2eN

Thanks for the tip. I'll see what I can find ;-)

gilljc":2yj2c1bz said:
. . . . Bodgerbaz, thanks for the translation, it's a big help :D and for the wee burst of enthusiasm again =D>

You're very welcome Gill. I hope you're pleased with the results.

Barry

Stanleymonkey":3uzsq8oy said:
Outstanding work - they look amazing.

Thank you. They were a lot of fun to make and look much better in the 'flesh'.

I've got orders for two more 'house in the forest' and two more "forest with hiker". So it looks like I won't be cutting the grass for a few days ;-)

Barry

Aggrajag":1bt1ux57 said:
Cheers for all this info Baz, you are a star.

Here's the lights I used, or similar, you can order different LED size and warmth/colour from various sellers, I also found ones with the jack plug connector so I could add an AC power adaptor to them and do away with batteries.

Remember the strips can be cut to any length in multiples of 3 LEDs - you just need to solder two connections to the flexible circuit board/strip wherever you did the previous cut, you don't need to do anything at the other end of the length.

edited to add the link on I forgot!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5M-5050-SMD-3 ... SwARZXo2eN

A 5m LED strip seems to be a pretty good price, especially since they appear to be pretty bright so we may only need a 20cm (or so) strip at the bottom shining upwards. However, presumably every strip will need a 240v - 12v transformer (like below?) and the end will need to be cut off and wired into the LED strip? This is starting to work out to be expensive as these plugs are a few £££ each. How did you wire yours up?

Barry
plug (Mobile).png

Attachments

• plug (Mobile).png
    plug (Mobile).png
    97.2 KB · Views: 521
Hi Baz, sorry for the delay, had a busy weekend.

I bought a batch of similar adaptors to those, each of which came with a free female socket so I just had to run a small strip of 2-core wire between the screws in that socket and each solder-point of the LED. I paid £3.49 each for 5 and have left them switched on for a long while before I risked giving them to anyone just in case they're dodgy/fake CE markings or whatever. The two I've used were fine and emitted negligible heat.

I figured that cost was barely more expensive than batteries plus battery holder, and that people would use it more if they didn't need to keep replacing them.

Good, I'm glad you like them. I agree that there are lots that I won't cut but its nice to have a choice and you never know when you might have just the pattern for a Christmas gift ;-)

Aggrajag":3oztezkf said:
This was the seller. He's selling the adaptor and female socket separately now.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AC-110-240V-P ... phwJONMgOg

Have ordered some plugs and adapters and a 5m LED strip to see what difference it makes, thanks for the links.

If I'm not happy I have lots of other uses for them. Thanks again for the tips and advice.

Also got my patterns today, well packaged and really pleased with them. Was worried that they might all be Christmas themes, but a really good mix of wildlife and also some really interesting fairy story ones (though the only one I can recognise is Hansel and Gretel. I feel a stint in google translate coming on )
A pity I am just finishing up stuff for a fair tomorrow, but got something to get my teeth into next week, just as soon as I make up my mind which one.....
One more question Baz, do you finish the ply in lacquer, or do you finish it? Before or after cutting? OK maybe that's two questions :roll:

Baz tranlsated them all on page 3 of this thread and from what I can tell they're all in the correct order of delivery.

I simply coat my Schwibbogen with Liberon sealant using a small brush.

I'm afraid I don't coat any of my plywood work in anything . . . . I only give a couple of coats of danish oil to hardwoods ;-)

I'm happy that you're happy with your purchase Gill.

115 is missing from the list (after Resting deer family) and there's no direct German translation so I've called mine Fleeing pack. The last 5 after that are correct. (Literal was something like Flying pack of wolves which isn't right at all.)

Hullo Barry & all,

First, sorry to be so late into this thread, not been too well of late, but anyway, firstly, love your latest Barry, smashing stuff.

Re German translations, I won't pretend to be an expert but I have been having a bash at it for the past 25+ years and do also have a native German (well Swiss actually) lady as a wife, so I can often do at least as well as Google translate does. So if anyone gets really stuck with German, (but not pages and pages of it please - !!!) just send me a PM and I'll be pleased to help.

Before getting a bit ill my wife and I were on the Rhine and Canals (all the way from Basel to Berlin) in late June and would you believe my wife won a quiz with the prize of another river cruise, this time to the Strasbourg Christmas Market later on this year. It's for one person only (but she's promised to take me too - nice eh?) and it's only for 4 days I think, but I'll be looking at some stuff there for sure. Bet it won't be as good as yours though Brian.

In the past I have seen some tree decorations chemically etched from sheet brass and sheet nickel silver and I reckon such could also be done on the scroll saw too. I'll have a closer look when we get to Strasbourg and think about it.

OK, "RAMBLE OFF" switch now found and selected.

Cheers all

AES

Sorry to hear you haven't been well Andy. I hope you're now feeling more chipper and on the road to recovery.

Those river cruises are brilliant and much better than a sea cruise (in my opinion) as you see so much more. The towns, villages and communities that you pass through is wonderful, and how nice to know you already have another one in the can. Marvellous.

It'll soon be Christmas Market time so almost time to get a few more ideas.

Take care buddy.

Barry

Latest posts

Back