Monty - he's back!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been around for a bit, my 7 year old lab, Monty is very sick.

He collapsed into his food bowl on the bank holiday weekend and after much messing about with local vets we managed to get him admitted as an emergency to Bristol Vet school. They have diagnosed him with a condition called GME (an immune mediated encephalitis ie where his own immune system is attacking his brain) or Lymphoma. The scan results went to the London vet school over the weekend for a second opinion but they can't concretely say which condition it is. GME is potentially treatable but Lymphoma isn't in dogs. He is looking brighter and acting a bit more normally but this still doesn't mean anything. The staff at the vet school have been simply amazing and I am in awe of their skill and dedication.

I know that some of you who don't have pets probably won't get how this feels but there are a fair few of you who probably will. Either way I am asking if you can keep him in your thoughts and maybe with a lot of love and positive thinking he can get through this. He is a magic dog who has been with us since before we were married and it just wouldn't be the same without him.

snowballs.JPG

baling-large.JPG

pears_now-large.jpg

monty.jpg

Thank you

Tim

Best of health and a speedy recovery, Monty.

Tim - having had two Bassett Hounds with various illnesses and operations I know how you and your wife are feeling.

Roger

Had a try and getting you images up, but no luck.

All the best for a speedy recovery.

Adam

Hi Tim

Having recently lost a little friend of my own, I can imagine how you must be feeling. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you have some good news about Monty soon.

icon_lucky.gif
icon_dog037.gif

Gill

:D Tim as a arded dog lover I can relate what you are going through I hope all is well soon and he is back to his old self, but I am sure with all the love and attention he will be :D

keep us in the loop

Martyn

Our little Jack Russell, Sugar, sends her best wishes. As do we.

Get well soon Monty.

Hi Tim,
This must be very distressing for you (all 4). I've never had a dog, but when I did the magic I had a rabbit or three (all called Albert - high on alphabetical listings of magicians!) and was always upset when any of them, or their guinea-pig companions, came to the end of their life.

Very best wishes to you all.

Cheers
Steve

Hi, hope all goes well for Monty I have 2 black labs and know how you must be feeling, good luck and please keep us informed on his progress...
Jim

It is sad enough when old age takes them from us
Our thoughts are with you and Monty
Best wishes and all the luck in the world

Nigel

Thank you so much for all your thoughts and best wishes.

The good news is that he is coming home tomorrow :D. We don't know how long we are going to have him for but he hasn't given up so we aren't going to give up on him. We will just make the most of what we have and as long as he is enjoying himself then thats really all that matters.

I'll keep you posted but thanks again for the messages (here and privately), it means a lot to me and my wife.

Cheers

Tim

Tim, I hope Monty is doing ok. We are thinking about him. If he is home with you I'm sure he's happy.

Regards
Lee.

Latest posts

Back