Quantcast

Money no object ....I wish !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

sue denim

Established Member
Reaction score
I am soon to be in a position to buy another (fourth) lathe. I have a treadle lathe, great fun...a small axminster lathe and a very old ML8.

I am looking for a biggie with a variable speed so that I don't have to keep changing pulleys. Mostly for bowl turning with a sweep down to the floor. I am happy to buy a previously owned machine as long as I can still buy parts. 380 or 220 volts.

What would you buy....considering the wife will give me earache if I spend over 1500.

Looking on Fleabay but haven't seen anything that grabs my fancy just yet.

Love to hear your thoughts

regards

'Sue'

Mike Wingate

Established Member
Reaction score

boysie39

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the Nova 1624-44 lathe for about 3 yrs. now its 8 speed and costs about £900. I have had no trouble with it.

I added V/speed and with the outrigger you can turn up to 36" I think it is. Its 1.5 HP swivelling head stock and as good as you will buy. =D> =D>

Hope this is helpful.

jpt

Established Member
Reaction score
If I had the money and space either a titan or VB but more realistically I am looking at a third lathe once I have extended the garage.

I am thinking of a short bed graduate with VS, like this one graduate-short-bed-variable-speed-lathe-t52847.html and removing the tool rest holder so I can get a larger swing for those large items and getting a floor standing tool rest.

john

sue denim

Established Member
Reaction score
I like the look of the graduate, but wasn't sure if the out board bed came off. This would be ideal as there are a few on the flea bay. I take it the variable speed gizmo is an add on. I was put off by the changing of pulley wheels to vary the speed.

Can you still get parts for these?

Just found this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNION-GRADUAT ... 4cfcc2f70a

This might do, trouble is I am not ready yet....not until mid January !!

Regards Sue